Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:03 AM   #1

Okay dumb question but – it is hot in Minnesota and everytime I put the camera to my sweaty head sweet gets on the LCD and I have to wipe it down. Anyone use any protector sleeves or other products to keep the display clean? If so where can I buy it?
Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:48 AM   #2

Same problem here at the moment (35C temp). I fitted a screen protector which is for aPDA. Just cut the film to size and apply. When it gets too dirty, peel off and fit another. about £4 in jessops for 3 films. So far I have done my PDA, and 3 camera screens.

Darren

Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:11 AM   #3

Fred666 wrote:
Quote:
Same problem here at the moment (35C temp). I fitted a screen protector which is for aPDA. Just cut the film to size and apply. When it gets too dirty, peel off and fit another. about £4 in jessops for 3 films. So far I have done my PDA, and 3 camera screens.

Darren

i do the same thing. my last printer, canon ip6000d, was covered with about an acre of the stuff. i just peeled it off and cut it to size.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 8:49 AM   #4

I live in Minnesota, too, and I use the overlays they use on PDAs cut to size.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:16 AM   #5

Same here. Those clear plastic sheets are cheap and I change them about every 6 month. The LCD stays in like now condition. The only thing I don't like about them is, that the LCD picture looks a little bit "fuzzy" - at least until youget used to it.
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 7:12 PM   #6

Are you left eye dominant? I am, and I leave noseprints on the LCD all the time... I'm buying one of those Delkin popup shades, not cheap, but it makes it look less digital too.
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:44 PM   #7

I have one of those Delkin eFilm covers, mostly to make my DS look like a film SLR in some situations where I don't want anyone to know I am shooting digital. It also helps outisde for viewing the screen when you want to review your shots.

$23 + $4 shipping!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote