Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2006, 8:45 AM   #11

boomermet-

It a white wall appears yellow, that is not a saturation problem, but it usually a white balance problem.

MT/Sarah

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:25 AM   #12

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
boomermet-

It a white wall appears yellow, that is not a saturation problem, but it usually a white balance problem.

MT/Sarah

Let me back up a bit. I shoot interiors of houses for realtor. These pics are then put on a website or printed for their use for flyers etc. These house can be new construction or resales. You can imagine the different colors I can encounter in any shoot. I got a few complaints that some of my pics were yellow so I started doing a color cast correction in Elements but that was way to time consuming..When I got the AF540FGZ a lot of this went away so I guess it was the flash, but it happened again last week. The WB is set on the flash setting and I usually shoot at either 800 or 1600. I bumped down the color saturation one stop and that seemed to affect a lot of things not just the color...These interiors are really a challenge to get right. Today I am doing some new construction so who knows what to expect. I have about an hour to get in and out and that includes doing 4 panoramics! Help!
boomermet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:58 AM   #13

I do work for a local realtor and never have that problem with flash and I do panorama VT shots too. You must have something set wrong on your camera or flash.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:00 AM   #14

Here is a link to one of the VT's!

http://napavalleybnb.com/Vista_2.html

Tom
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:29 AM   #15

ennacac wrote:
Quote:

Tom
Looks pretty good Tom. I have the 540 set on P-TTL and the DL set on P. ISO is usually 800 or 1600. WB set on the flash setting. Exposure comp is +1. I shoot with the 540 shooting straight up and sometimes have a diffuser on the flash. I shoot for Obeo. Have you ever heard of them?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:21 PM   #16

boomermet wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:

Tom
Looks pretty good Tom. I have the 540 set on P-TTL and the DL set on P. ISO is usually 800 or 1600. WB set on the flash setting. Exposure comp is +1. I shoot with the 540 shooting straight up and sometimes have a diffuser on the flash. I shoot for Obeo. Have you ever heard of them?
Why do you shoot at such high ISO? I find shooting straight up works less reliably for me that at about 45 degrees and since the WB should be the same as outside using the flash the images should not be yellow.

I just looked up Obeo and they seem to be a company that does real estate packages on a National level and sells the packages to people although I could not find any pricing on their web page. I provide a similar service, but do everything my self for local realtors.

I take 18 photos and stitch them together instead of using a fish eye to keep the distortion down and use Quicktime movies instead of Java script for the movement.

Tom
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:25 PM   #17

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
boomermet wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:

Tom
Why do you shoot at such high ISO? I find shooting straight up works less reliably for me that at about 45 degrees and since the WB should be the same as outside using the flash the images should not be yellow.

I just looked up Obeo and they seem to be a company that does real estate packages on a National level and sells the packages to people although I could not find any pricing on their web page. I provide a similar service, but do everything my self for local realtors.

I take 18 photos and stitch them together instead of using a fish eye to keep the distortion down and use Quicktime movies instead of Java script for the movement.

Tom
I don't get into pricing, just contract to take the pics..I use a Sigma zoom 10-20mm, F4-5.6. In some of these houses the lightning is dim so I find I end up shooting at slow shutter speeds. The zoom is a little slow at f4...The basic package is 4 panos and 20 still pics. They seem to have quite an extensive array of services from the website to flyers and even CDs. I use a Bogen/Manfotto tripod with a pano head and shoot 10 shoots for each pano and then stitch them together using 3Dphoto software and uploading to their site...I will send you a link..
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:14 PM   #18

boomermet you have a PM
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:32 PM   #19

Tom-

Because I also do photos for the local realators as well; if it would not be a burden I would not like to see this thread dissappear. Thanks for considering my request.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:39 PM   #20

mtclimber you have a PM