Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:18 PM   #11

This technology could possibly allow a few more f-stops to allow handheld shooting that could not be done otherwise. The need for more expensive, faster glass would most likely not be necessary which makes for more shooting opportunities.

I will await the results of this possible future gem like the rest of the istD Line of cameras.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:48 PM   #12

Does anyone know what the MSRP will be for the K10D?
mutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 1:38 PM   #13

K10D is still vapourware until September at least, so any price would be pure speculation. Given present Pentax pricing it will probably undercut the Nikon D200 and Canon 30D however.

I see the point of the image stabilization and I will probably get the K100D next. I have seen huge prints from 6MP cameras and have no problem with the quality so I may "want" more but I don't really "need" more. Pentax have always built quality cameras so I have no doubt the anti shake will not greatly impact on overall reliability. Sometimes I can get a little old fashioned, too many years with a K1000 I guess.

K100D, my next camera... at least right now... well when there are some reviews... maybe.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:22 PM   #14

Ira-

Henry's Cameras is already selling the K100D in Toronto. There are a number of folks, especially those in Australia, that already have the camera and are posting actively about the K100D at www.dpreview.com's Pentax SLR forum.

Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:54 PM   #15

My DS is just fine. I'll eagerly read the reviews and wait for a few years to see how things develop. By that time my DS will probably need replacing and I'll see what's out there. I'm perfectly happy with what I've got.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:38 PM   #16

The K100D will be mine as soon as I can find a retailer who carries them. So far the reviews I've seen are fewand mostly positive. But seeing it IRL is important to me as I have never owned a dSLR and this will bea big purchase for me.

And unless some very negative feedback starts popping-up, I should have my very own K100D in the next few weeks. Otherwise, I'll be getting the *istDL at a superbargain price.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 9:06 AM   #17

Like Ira, I used to always walk around with 2 bodies simply because I didn't like to have to change lenses.

I've been looking around for a second body and the 100 with the IS looks like the one - for my heavy 300mm. I'm starting to notice the old age thru my shots.

I guess I'm taking the advise here and wait for the reviews before I do.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:48 AM   #18

NLP and Ira-

There is a lot of very positive chatter about the new K100D over on the Pentax SLR forum at www.dpreview.com this morning and yesterday.

MT/Sarah
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:57 PM   #19

I've already started to put a little aside for the K100D, I will not be waiting for the K10D unless it is far less expensive than expected. Itwould bevery nice to have the added features but I think the K100D will be all I need for a long time.

I am not upgrading because of any deficiency in the DL, I just like having the convenience and security of two camera bodies and the K100D seems like it addresses the biggest issue I have, camera shake.

I can see Tom waiting for the K10D because with his high quality lenses, and an eye for great wildlife shots, the extra resolution and features will be a big plus.

I guess nlp239 and I are in the same boat.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:09 PM   #20

B&H Photo-Video today showed the K100D as available on their website. The body only is not yet available, but the kit (with the 18-55mm lens) is available at $699.

MT/Sarah