Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:33 PM   #21

Henry's is way too expensive under any circumstances.

Porters has the body for 619 and the kit for 699
http://www.porters.com/shorturl_pcs.mvc?p=030320
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:00 PM   #22

jaycee-

That is better than B & H where they have the kit only at the very same price as Porters.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:26 PM   #23

robar wrote:
Quote:
i'm definately with don on this. i'll review the IS and wait on the K10D. hopefully it will not be priced out of reach. i will not be the 1st to purchase tho. i'll wait on reviews and possibly a price break. say next spring.. i can wait as the DS is treating me well at this time.

roy
Roy

I am with You To. My DS is treating me just Fine. I want to read all the reviews and see some pictures on the K10D. Ive been burnt more than once being an early adaptor

Like Mtgal
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:12 PM   #24

BK et al-

There is no doubt that you will save money by waiting awhile for the professional reviews and the photo samples on K100D. By waiting you will also have a chance to see what the K10D looks like and its price.

According to crashman's post, we might see an announcement on the K10D in 2 to 3 weeks. BTW it also uses a Samsung CMOS chip, obviously a spin-off benefit of the Pentax-Samsung partnership. however, rumors concering the K10D's capabilities have been scaled back somewhat. The current word is that the K10D will compete with the Nikon D-70/D-80 camera

Then gazing farther into the future, there is the so called K1D which is suppossed to have a 12mp resolution. Will it also use a Samsung chip? Perhaps that is also a signal that Samsung is in this big time. We are beginning to see more revealed than just the rebadged DS2 and the DL2.

K1D update, now it rumored that this will be the camera to compete against the Nikon D-200 and the Canon 30D.

MT/Sarah

Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:58 PM   #25

07/31 Update-

More and more K100D cameras are turning up on major dealer shelves, all around the USA. By the end of this week, distribution should be throughout the USA rather uniformly. Be on the look-out for the K100D when you visit you local camera store.

MT/Sarah