Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:46 PM   #31

nlp-

Please read my last post clearly states the the unit I am working with is 2.0" wide and 3.5" tall. I even took the time to go get a tape measure and to physically measure it for you.

Yes, the link you posted is for the Canon because the unit will act as either a slave flash. or a hot shoe mounted TTL flash for a Canon camera. The choice is left up to the user.

I am always happy to answer any questions and to go the extra mile in finding the anwers to those questions. An finally no, I am not offended in the least.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:44 PM   #32

If the flash has a slave function such as the AF500FTZ, you could use is as a slave no matter what camera the flash is dedicated to.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:29 PM   #33

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Roy -

I do have a few more photos from that shoot, but they aren't as "uncovered" as that one.

Sarah
yeah, that's what we need.. m m more details!! just kidding.
those little bowens looks interesting..

jc, the D will also work in wireless mode just as if the flash was on the hotshoe. one thing i wish the DS could do..
i just picked up a sigma ef-500 dg super flash. it's got all the bells and whistles i'll ever want in a flash.

roy
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:27 PM   #34

Roy,

It does!!!????? So, if I get one of these little babies you're saying I can hold it in my left hand, point it anywhere and it will shoot (with the D)????

Permit me a not so dumb question. Does it have to be in line of sight? i.e. Will it shoot if it is placed behind a person as a fill-in?

I know I've turned this into a flash unit thread but does anyone else have suggestions on fixing the image with bad lighting?
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:17 PM   #35

as far as i know it will work with the D. i can do the same w/the DS but only manually as the DS does not offer the wireless flash capability.. i also have to use the onboard flash to trigger it. i mainly got this flash to use with it's high speed sync when taking macros. i miss a lot because of camera shake at the normal sync speed of 1/180sec..
go here and ck it out and d/l the manual. peruse it and see if it's what you want.
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/flashes/fl...ls.asp?id=3257i hate paying retail but i had to on this. cheapest price at a reputable dealer is sigma4less.
http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;j...dex.shopscript
228usd delivered. get ready for the learning curve to kick in also.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:48 PM   #36

from the d/l original. if you want the full size image just let me know.

roy

Attached Images

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:28 PM   #37

Perhaps we should just have a thread devoted to really getting the most out of your flash. That might be pretty important to the DL folks because while the DS has true TTL flash, the DL has only P-TTL which is a great deal different.

How does that sound to everyone? Are you up to a little flash seminar. It is most probably one of the possibly overlooked items in this forum. I teach it in my,"Introduction to DSLR Cameras." If people would like to delve into all the nuances of flash, I'm game.Who knows, I am sure that together (with all thant synergestic momentum and force ) that we can all learn a lot.

Flash is really a great light source and it can work really well for a lot of people, both indoors and outdoors (I am assumming that some are already flash experts). Think about it and let me know. I will be home for about 30 days more before I head out for more cash paying workshops, and, after all,this is FREE!

Many thanks to nlp for getting this rolling.

MT/Sarah

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 8:00 AM   #38

Jaycee (aka nlp) seconds the motion but Ms Sarah better be prepared for all kinds of (not so) dumb questions from people (like me) who do not have the patience to read manual and long tutorials mostly because of the attention span problems.

Anyway, thanks to Sarah I was able to find a Bower SFDS on ebyebye which hadn't sold. I contacted the seller and got a great deal including shipping - now I have up to 10 days of waiting.

So, yes, lets do a Flash thread with creditto ALL who have donated their time to help those of us willing to ask the question.

Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:47 AM   #39

A flash thread is a great idea!
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 8:55 AM   #40

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions on how to deal with these images and will be going thru the steps you recommended.

It does seem however that some of the color is being lost so I will be SOL as they say.

Thanks again.