Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 3, 2006, 4:31 AM   #31

Just hopping in (Where do I introduce myself?)with a question:

I like to make Anaglyphs - stereophotos you have to watch with a pair of red-blue glasses- quite difficult with moving oblects, out of hand I take the right picture in front of my right eye first, then the left one in front of my left eye works quite well. On a tripod I move the camera 3 cm to the right after taking the left picture for the right picture that is.

I can get my hands -occasionally-on a second *ist L, with standard lens. Does a remote controle like the 2 dollars costing JJC RM-E3 allow me to release the shutter on two camera's on the same moment ? That would make taking pictures with public a lot easier. (Ilearnt my My daughtersto stand still for a couple of seconds, but I can't ask the hole world to stand still when i'm taking a picture can I?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owning a *Ist-l for a few weeks, with the kit-lens,a Pentax 50-200mm, and a Sigma 500 dg st. For that I had a Kodak DX6490 -nice camera!- for one year, before that I had a Chinon camera with a p/k fitting so I own some old K lenses -Vivitar 125mm, Panagor macro converter and some flashes I can use with the Kodak, but not with the Pentax. Did not take pictures for 30 years before I started with the Kodak. So I have to learn a lot again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:11 AM   #32

Yes both ways.

1. Wired. If you made a second plug and joined the wires at the same switches (wired in parallel) then both cameras would fire at the same time fro the one switch.

2. Infrared remote. I have the DL and I just purchased this remote control on eBay for US$1.99 and it would fire BOTH cameras at the same time as well. If I was you I would set the cameras to 3 sec delay and fire the remote and get out of the shot..:-)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/IR-Remote-con...QQcmdZViewItem

Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:32 AM   #33

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
If I was you I would set the cameras to 3 sec delay and fire the remote and get out of the shot..:-)

Thanks crashman,

Those 3 seconds must be enough for me...:blah:

I saw one remote with a kind of reflector you could put on -not in front of- the lens sothe remotewould also work from behind.

Well, I'm gonna try to make one wired control -thanks for redrawing the wiring instructions- , and I've ordered an infrared here in the Netherlands, 15 euro's with shipment, and I can pay with my own bankaccount.

Richard.

Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:33 AM   #34

The infrared control arrived today. I have the stuff for the wiredone, but, the battery of the multimeter is dead,I have to get a new one.

As for the infrared control, (JJC RM-E3) is it correct that you can only use it to release the shutter ? No autofocus? I've been into the menu, by custom setting "AF in remote control" put this on 2 (yes) butthe camerastill does not focus. That W/T (Wide/tele?) does not have a function at all on the DL I think.:-?

Richard.

Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:53 PM   #35

It should AF, I just checked mine.

1. Set focus to AF
2. Set Menu option AF to single mode not Continuous.
3. Set menu option to "AF in remote control"
4. Set Fn button to use remote release

It will then AF before exposure.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:18 AM   #36

The setting of the AF in Remote options in the DL works for me with my TV Reomte. I would recheck the setting if I were you.

F
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 3:14 PM   #37

Thanks Crashman and F.,

It was the autofocus standing on (C)ontinue instead of (S)ingle.

Richard.

Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:36 AM   #38

Hi All

I like building gadgets - usualy its for my paintball gear but seeing your post while tryig to find out more on remotes I had a new project to do!

So, I followed all the greatsteps and advice posted here and voila. At the moment the cable is fixed, but will modify so that I can remove for easier storage or perhaps attach a different length/extention.

The only problem was with the switch for Bulb - switch is a bit long to fitso I had to place it at the top, but ended up working out well this way for me.

Thanks to all the guys for there knowledge sharing on this.

Cheers, Jacques
Attached Images

Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:23 AM   #39

Haha, I looked at those switches too, but they were just too big to fit in the case.
I still haven't got around to adding that 3rd switch, I've been too busy.

BTW, the switch setup for 2 cameras would be a little different to this:

If you follow the above setup I believe you could damage your camera as the 2 feeds are doubled up which would return double the voltage back to the camera.
Im not 100% sure of that, but the safest way to wire up some switches to fire 2 cameras would be to use 'Double Pole' switches. This would allow the 1 switch to control both circuits, but without the the 2 circuits ever being connected.

Here's what the long exposure switch would look like for 2 cameras

You'd follow my original diagram but just do it twice for each cable, if that makes sense... :blah:
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:39 AM   #40

I still didn't take the time to start with it. But I managed to stay in front of the camera while taking a shot with the infrared controll. (3 seconds delay.) 3 seconds time to get away, but it start focussing right away, so it was sharp on my T-shirt, but that ran off with me
luckilly I could take the shot again.

Richard.