Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 26, 2006, 4:45 PM   #1

Had a very bad experience with this rebate. I went online today to check its status, and it was marked with a big, red REJECT. I called, and they claim that I didn't include my "invoice". Well, I know I did because I don't have it and I'm very careful with this kind of thing. So careful that I scanned the invoice before I mailed the rebate. I now have to send a printout of the invoice and my rebate will be delayed. Just thought I'd relate my experience and encourage everyone to go online and check their rebate status.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:35 PM   #2

didn't think to actually go in and check the status! mine was approved, good thing you checked though! i was very careful as well, i even had to send another rebate to HP for $100 off a printer at the same time (they have a deal this month, if you bought any digital camera for over $299 you get a $100 rebate from them on several printer models). so, i had to send the pentax rebate, the HP rebate, and also proof of the pentax purchase to HP along with the rebate request!

if anyone was wondering, this is the printer:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...amp;catLevel=1

the $100 rebate is mentioned on the top right of the product description on the same page - its only good until 7/29, so hurry to your local best buy if you just got the DL and need a printer too! it'll cost ya a whopping $27 after the rebate (assuming BB still has it for $119, what i paid 2 weeks ago)
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:37 PM   #3

hey, just google mapped you, we live 30 miles apart, cool! any nice places to photograph down south? (we haven't ventured anywhere past belle plaine, usually head north).
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:37 PM   #4

I bought that same printer a couple of months ago. Luckily, my son is a manager at Best Buy, so with his discount on it and inks, I figure I did OK without the rebate.

I really like the printer (by the way)
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:39 PM   #5

Yes, there are some nice places down here. The best time is in the fall--the whole river valley is really colorful. Maybe we should try to get together for an outing sometime. Where do you go up North? My youngest son lives in Duluth, and I need to get up to see him and take some pictures on the lake.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:39 PM   #6

I am glad you mentioned the idea of checking about the rebate. I sent mine just one week ago. I bought the CircuitCity kit but their rebate coupon would have lead the naive to incorrectly file for the rebate....I used the Pentax coupon I downloaded....

Oh yeah: mine is marked: Qualified and being processed.

Thank you for the tip.
SteveModena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:18 AM   #7

No problem with my rebate--qualified and processing. Ordered from Buydig. Now I'm sending in my rebate for the Pentax 50-200mm lens. Great rebates.
jeffrey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:18 PM   #8

i'm pretty impressed with that printer so far as well (i'm no pro, so maybe it doesn't take too much!). even though i've been taking many more pictures since i'd gotten my panasonic fz30 (sold it to buy the DL) and now the DL, its still usually just incidental photography, going along with us wherever we go. we've been camping a few times this year, but not since getting the DL (too hot!!! 100 degrees this weekend it tooooooo much!). i haven't been upto duluth in a few years now, we really are due so we're probably gonna plan a trip there early fall when the leaves turn. i did take some pictures in the evening at taylors falls this past weekend, but i haven't uploaded any to the computer yet.