Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:56 PM   #1

My 16 year old daughter got concert tickets for her birthday. She went out and bought a camera (Panasonic w/6X Zoom) snuck it in and she got some nice shots
Attached Images

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:57 PM   #2

More
Attached Images

Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:57 PM   #3

Last one
Attached Images

Old Jul 28, 2006, 8:16 AM   #4

Rick,

You did not mention which Pana model. Seems that it has VR (assuming she did not use tripod/monopod) and works quite well in this difficult light situation - low light and no flash. I hope the new Pentax 1000k is just as good in shake reduction.
The color balance which seems to be off - more red.
Also this is a Pentax forum - not a big deal though.
Tell her to keep shooting and posting.

Daniel

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
My 16 year old daughter got concert tickets for her birthday. She went out and bought a camera (Panasonic w/6X Zoom) snuck it in and she got some nice shots
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:18 AM   #5

Yeah, I know its a Pentax forum, but I figured since I'm a Pentax shooter, one message wouldn't be out of line about a family member. I can't remember which model it is, but most of the new panasonic cameras have OIS Optical Image Stabilization). I knw my FZ10 does and hers does, too.

As far as color balance, these are pretty much as they came out of the camera--I could probably do some correction/PP to make them better. Sometimes, the incorrect color balance kind of "works" for concert photos, anyway.

She will continue shooting, I'm sure...
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:41 AM   #6

probably an lz2,3 or 5 - they have the 6x zoom and are about $200, a good deal relative to comparable compacts. couple nice shots there!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:51 AM   #7

exif says it's lz3. at iso 200 and 130mm with 1/30s they look really good. the last one is a little fuzzy but others are quite sharp. it's amazing what IS can do. I have pana fz 10 and got used to IS, but didn't want to wait couple months before you can get K100D in UK and got myself DL2. Now I have to get used to not having IS.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 12:14 PM   #8

If I'm going to be somewhere where I know lighting is going to be a problem (like a concert I am going to on Monday), I'll bring the FZ10 along with my DS. If I can find anything to rest my arms on, I can usually get pretty good shots. I guess Idon't really try to rely on the OIS with the FZ10--I still try to get as stable as I can no matter what I'm using. The FZ10 is so darn lightweight, though--I really like the fell of DSLRs and it helps with camera shake to have that additional weight.

I would prefer to shoot in low light with my 50mm f1.4, but if I'm not close enough to the stage/subject, the reach of the FZ10s zoom is nice (at f2.8, too)