Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:44 PM   #11

catbells, you're correct. i missed #6. i thought you had 2 images opened.

sarah, you're also correct. it's almost impossible to walk someone thru it, especially with not being there. i've been using PS since '01 and i think i may have 1 1/2% down. i just gave myself that extra half percent lately..

roy
Old Jul 29, 2006, 3:50 PM   #12

There is a way to do multiple exposures on the same image in-camera. Imagine the camera on a tripod pointed at a black backdrop so that the entire field of view is black. Mode dial is set to BULB, wired remote is attached. With the lights out and room pitch dark, press the remote button and lock it down while your model starts to move slowly across the fov. Then simply fire an external flash manually via the test buttn and each time the flash fires, the model's image will be recorded in his/her new position. Many variations are possible depending on the frequency of flash and speed of the moving model.

Just a thought,
Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 3:54 PM   #13

Roy-

In the old days I taught Photoshop classes each semester. And I would have the same group of 4 men in the class every single semester for at least three classes on the same material. They claimed that it took that long to really understand the material.

For a lot of folks the learing curve for the later versions of Photoshop is 3 to 5 years to be able to use 75% of the program's features easily.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 4:53 PM   #14

lou, i just got a flash that can be programed for doing exactly that. i really don't consider that controlled enviroment as a double exposure. you know what i mean..

sarah, maybe i'm too tough on myself.. maybe it's 10-15%, maybe more. i do know, that i can sit down with PS and 3 hours later say '' wow, i learned something''.. PS is a blast.... i think i learn something from it every time i open it..

roy
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:22 AM   #15

I know what you mean about the later versions of PS - I'm still doing many things the way I figured them out with PS3, even though I have CS2. I know I only have the basics down somewhat, and CS2 can do SO much more than what I know how to do! Gotta take the time to work through that tutorial I bought...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote