Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:37 PM   #1

Does anyone know a setting that allows double exposure on the DS? Or does this need to be done through photo editing software? If so, can someone explain (step-by-step) for Photoshop 7.0?

Thanks,

Jason
Jason ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:13 PM   #2

Jason-

Please understand that I am not being rude at all. Instead, I hope that you will understand thatI am attempting instead to be helpful. There are many classes given all over the country on Photoshot 7.0, CS, and CS2. In addition there are many good books on the same three versions of Photoshop.

Most of us who use 7.0, CS and CS2 either took a class or bought a book. It is a very long winded and laborious task to create a post that takes you, in detail, through every step of a particular process in this program. Most people will possibly not take the time to create such a post. They are not being unfriendly, nor impolite, they litterally don't have the time to write down and document every step in the nessary detail that you are asking for in your post.

MT/Sarah
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 5:19 AM   #3

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Jason-

Please understand that I am not being rude at all. Instead, I hope that you will understand thatI am attempting instead to be helpful. There are many classes given all over the country on Photoshot 7.0, CS, and CS2. In addition there are many good books on the same three versions of Photoshop.

Most of us who use 7.0, CS and CS2 either took a class or bought a book. It is a very long winded and laborious task to create a post that takes you, in detail, through every step of a particular process in this program. Most people will possibly not take the time to create such a post. They are not being unfriendly, nor impolite, they litterally don't have the time to write down and document every step in the nessary detail that you are asking for in your post.

MT/Sarah
me too, sarah
as in this post
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80
i got asked, how to do this. it's really quite simple and i did say how..

jason, no double exposure with the ist series but with modern photo programs it's a breeze. the programs even make it a lot more precise than trying it with a camera. use a tripod and get your 2-? shots and combine them using layers and percentage of opacity. what you are asking for is 3-4 years experience working with a program. it aint going to happen as sarah said.
also as she said , there are many tutorials posted. hey, just like us, YOU are going to have to study them..

as with sarah, i'm not being rude or unfriendly. it's just there is no quick fix.. i wish there was a pill i could take that gives me 100% knowledge of all graphics programs.. SARAH?? wouldn't that be a big seller on the cruise???

roy
Old Jul 29, 2006, 8:23 AM   #4

Quote:
no double exposure with the ist series
Roy buddy, the istD does have multiple exposure and I've used it to test it - don't know about the other models.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 9:04 AM   #5

To create a double exposure carry out the following:

1. Open upthe firstimage in Photoshop

2. Then create a duplicate image i.e. Duplicate Copy

3. Turn off the layer visibility for the background

4.Adjust the Opacity to 50% (or whatever preference you have)

5. Open upthesecondimage in Photoshop

6. Create a duplicate image onto the first image

7. Then adjust the Opacity to 50% (or whatever preference you have)
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:03 AM   #6

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
no double exposure with the ist series
Roy buddy, the istD does have multiple exposure and I've used it to test it - don't know about the other models.

jc, only the D
something i've only done in PS because it's easier. this is the last one i did and it's been awhile.
Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:03 AM   #7

and this one reversed
Attached Images

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:11 AM   #8

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
To create a double exposure carry out the following:

1. Open upthe firstimage in Photoshop

2. Then create a duplicate image i.e. Duplicate Copy

3. Turn off the layer visibility for the background

4.Adjust the Opacity to 50% (or whatever preference you have)

5. Open upthesecondimage in Photoshop

6. Create a duplicate image onto the first image

7. Then adjust the Opacity to 50% (or whatever preference you have)
you forgot the step about moving one of the images over to the other one. actually all i've done is open two images, adjust the size of the overlay, make a selection of what you want overlay, move it to the other image, and adjust the opacity..

the hardest part is the selection. i usually feather the selection by 5-10 pixels..
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:15 PM   #9

Jason-

Take a careful look at the last post! That will really makes my point. When describing a technique in Photoshop 7, CS, or CS2, because you are familiar with the program you assume that the poster is also fsamiliar with the program. That might not be so.

In describing what has to be done, you must be very detailed, and move ahead very slowly, making sure that you have the reader with you, through each step. It is a demanding task, because when you are working with Photoshop there is sort of an intutive nature to it, because you have some clues right on the screen to follow, or figure things out. Not so, when one is reading pure text.

As Roy said, you could make a fortune if you had a product called "Photoshop Smart Pills." I found the Visually Basic book on photoshop to be excellent because it shows you the exact screen prompts and has text and a whole lot of colored photos as well to get you through the steps. You know the old adage: You learn by doing it!

MT/Sarahl
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 1:10 PM   #10

robar wrote:
Quote:
you forgot the step about moving one of the images over to the other one. actually all i've done is open two images, adjust the size of the overlay, make a selection of what you want overlay, move it to the other image, and adjust the opacity..

the hardest part is the selection. i usually feather the selection by 5-10 pixels..

No I didn't; by duplicating the 2nd image itcreates a layer over the 1st.thus simulating a double exposure which is two images of the same size.

I think that what you are referring to is selective overlay of a smaller image as indicated by your post.

Not necessarily the best set of images to demostrate with.

Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote