Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:02 PM   #1

Right now I have a 512mb Sandisk Extreme II that I use in my DS, which works just fine. I`m going to motor boat race in a couple of weeks and want to get another SD card to be sure I have enough storagefor the 3 day event. As the price on memory continues to drop, and the speed and size increase, I`m wondering on which card to get. Does anyone here know how fast the DS processes the image to the card?
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:22 AM   #2

John-

In all honesty, if you are not doing huge videao clips or a lot of long multiple shots, regular SD chips (the cheapest) will be fine.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:45 AM   #3

John

I shoot a lot of motorsport and write speed is not an issue for me.

Far more important is capacity, so I have four 1GB cards and save in jpeg rather than RAW to get more pictures per card.

Phil

www.kartpic.com

philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:16 PM   #4

Thanks for the replys. Knowing me, I`ll be doing a lot of multiple shots. I went by a local Tiger Direct (computer) store this afternoon and they have a 1gb card that`s rated at a write speed of 133x for $30. That should be plenty for the weekend. I`ll probably shoot in JPEG, like I always have, but I might try RAW, for the first time,with another memory card for some of the weekend.
John H is offline   Reply With Quote