Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:50 AM   #11

Might as well jump in on this one! Nice photos of the Midwest back country that is beautiful to say the least.

I have had this sign on my driveway light pole for 15 years, since I took a short cut from Nevada to Utah that crossed the desert on the worst road I have ever been on with my Nissan SUV. The road was all giant boulders that just barely stuck up above the ground for 75 miles and 35 miles in I had to drive through a river to get to the other side in 120 degree heat. After the third flat tire (yes I said third) as I got out to look the situation over, there on a lonely pole in the middle of the Nevada desert was this sign. I knew then I was going to need a souvenir of this trip, so before I dealt with the tire, I used my tools to liberate the sign and it had decorated my driveway ever since.

Sorry no photos, even though I did have my Pentax camera with me, I was not in the mood for photography that day.

Tom

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:40 PM   #12

Tom, I love it!A great sign (among others) lit by Christmas lights & an even better story to go with the sign!:GThat's perfect!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:48 PM   #13

All I can say is, "Those radial tire repair kits and a 12V tire pump-Priceless!!"

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:12 AM   #14

All very nice - sure looked like a fun trip - love those minimally maintained (or "not county maintained" roads, take your pick) roads. It's an inspiration for me to dust off the Wrangler and head for a different set of mountains.

I agree with everyone else - looks too big to be an alpaca, so I think it's a llama. There's a black llama that lives down the road from me.

P.S. My favorite one is the first one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote