Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:26 PM   #11

Edvinas-

All I did was to sharpen, crop and reduce the sixe.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:27 PM   #12

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Stick with me, Roy-

I have only had the K100D for less than 7 hours and I have had other committments as well today that were also taking my time. It is called paying bills.

MT/Sarah
what????? 7 hours ?? you should have shot at least 100 by now!!! LOL

roy
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:29 PM   #13

mtngal-

I know what you mean. I only have a little experience with the K100D, but I have been impressed thus far.

MT/Sarah
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:31 PM   #14

shoot, i'm pretty impressed in you!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:16 PM   #15

Thank you, Roy!

That is a very nice compliment and I must add that you have been a saint helping me with the Flash Thread and everything else. Now, if we only had a photo of your DIY difusser, that would help the folks here that are following both the Flash Thread and this K100D Thread.

I hope you do understand that I am kidding you, Roy. I know you will get us a photo of that difusser in due course.

MT/Sarah
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:57 PM   #16

peggy-

Here is a very interesting point. I just changed the focusing from Single Focus to Continuous Focus and the focusing time was instantly cut by 50%. I will go into the documentation in detail this evening, because I want to keep the focus spot directly in the center of the frame.This is the K100D using the Pentax 50-200mm lens. The kit lens and the 50-200mm are the perfect combo for this camera.

Continuous Focus really works! Take a look at this photo.

Mt/Sarah

Attached Images

Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:17 PM   #17

Sarah, given your experience with photography your opinion is very important to me. I am interested in a second camera body since I tend to get a little nervous covering an event like a wedding with just one camera (and a FujiS7000 digicam as a backup. BTW the S7000 is a fantastic camera, greatly underrated, but it is out of its element in low light situations). I bought my second film SLR body just a year after my first, and then spent 20+ years carting them both around. I loved the sense of security, and more importantly, I could have two different lenses or two different film types at use at once. Two DSLR bodies would mean far less lens swapping (so less dust) and much more convenience (wide angle on the DL tele on the K100D ).

Sorry, getting carried away again. I really like what I see in the K100D. I don't think I will need more resolution (16"X 20" from my DL looks fantastic, I don't need the huge files required for high end reproductions) my current clients are very happy with the results I have given them, and I have been happy with it as well. This camera addresses my biggest problem, camera shake.

Thank you for sharing this, I will be awaiting more.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:30 PM   #18

Ira-

You are very welcome. Your double body strategy is exactly what I have done with the K100D. I liked the AS I had in my KM 5D, so this was a natural to add to my DS. And I might add, thatAS has already shown itself to be a really huge bonus.

Just take a look at the Flash Thread. I re-took the existing light photo this afternoon with the K100D and you could really see the difference between that photo and my initial existing light photo that I had taken with my DS.

MT/Sarah
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:57 AM   #19

I only had a play with the K100 the other day for a short while and went outside to shoot with SR, I think it was 200mm at 1/60 or 1/30sec and they were in focus.

Now the big question for me will be do I get a second 6.1mp and buy the K100 or do I get the K10....:lol:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 3:51 AM   #20

Hi mtclimber,

Thanks for putting me onto this thread, I've now decided to go for the K100D, however there are two things I'm not sure about

1) Withmy 35mm ME, when I look through my viewfinder I get a slitscreen in the middle to aid with focusing, when I tried the same lenses on the DL2, I had a completely clear screen. Is this the same in the K100D as I find guessing the focus difficult but do like the images my old lenses produce?

2)Can someone give me a 101 in what dynamic range means? Heard lots about it on the forum, however now idea what it means :-)

Thanks,

Alan
tokendream is offline   Reply With Quote