Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 5, 2006, 8:55 PM   #11

I am sorry if I offended anyone on this forum. That was never my intention. Yes I post on both dp forum and here. If you could explain what I have done to cause such a uproar. I would like to correct the problem. I find everyone here very friendly and always the advice is very good. If my answer was in any one offensive I am sorry. If look at orginal thread on DP changed and ended up being an exchange between to others and in no way realted to the orginal thread. Agian I am sorry for any misunderstanding. Everyone on this forum are great as are all Pentax owners.

greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 8:56 PM   #12

I am sorry if i offended you in any way. Thank you for your

help
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:22 PM   #13

greatgreyowl wrote:
Quote:
I am sorry if i offended you in any way. Thank you for your

help
did not bother me at all.
i post in dpr as well occasionally. i don't think you've done anything offensive.. i haven't checked timelines , but is it important??

roy
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:32 PM   #14

And, GreatGrayOwl-

I also offer my personal apologies for my unfriendly reply to you. I hope that you will accept my apology.

Great Gray and I have exchanged PM's and I sincerely hope that we can put the unfortunate gaffe on my part behind us.

Oftentimes, two lenses are packaged with a DSLR camera to form a kit. Olympus and Nikonhas done that in the USA, and I believe that the joint Sigma-Pentax distributor in Australia has also done a two lens package using Sigma brand lenses.

If the package you are considering contains the Pentax 18-55mm and the Pentax 50-200mm lenses, those lens are very well thought of in the Pentax Community and they are valued for their sharpness.

What price is being asked for for that two lens kit that you are considering? And finally, are the two lenses that I mentioned, the lenses that are being offered?

Thanks for helping out with a few details. Like yourself, Great Grey, I too am a longtime Pentax DSLR user.

Sincerely,

MT/Sarah

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 7:46 AM   #15

Coming from SLR I am still learning the lens sizes for the DSLRs. My local camera store is offering one kit with the Pentax 18-55mm lens at $699 and another kit with the 18-55mm lens plus the Pentax 50-200mm lens for $899.

Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:30 AM   #16

That package with two genuine Pentax DA lenses is a good deal. The 50-200mm DA Pentax is a very nice lens that cannot be improved upon without spending much more money.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:38 AM   #17

I really do agree with, Ira-

Mostauthorized Pentax dealers are striving to keep the K100D, with 18-55mm kit lensat or very near its introductory price of $699. The Pentax 50-200mm lens, which as most agree, is an excellent lens, and a very useful companion to the 18-55mm kit les is currently selling in the USA for $(US) 220 to $(US) 250. So just add up the elements of the kit being offered and you can see that the Price is well within reason.

I hope that helps.

MT/Sarah
Old Aug 6, 2006, 8:54 PM   #18

Just for the record, as I have learned via a series of PM's The GreatGrayOwl has opted for the Pentax K100D two lens kit and is very happy with his/her decision.

MT/Sarah
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:50 PM   #19

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your help in making my decison. the K100d will be my first DSLR.I decided to go with the two lens kit.

I am sure there will be more questions to come. Can not wait to post my first pics.

GreatGrayOwl/Brad
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:16 PM   #20

Brad-

Thanks for the nice post. We all look forward to seeing your photos. Your previous film SLR experience will certainly give you a head start. Good luck to you and know that we are here to help.

MT/Sarah