Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 4, 2006, 5:22 PM   #1

I really enjoy this forum and all the helpful advice.

Today I went to my local camera store and I was surpised to find the new K100d. This store usually just carrys N, C, and O. I played around with abit. My impression was very postive. The feel of it just great the balance was great even with the telephoto lens attached. The vewfinder was fantastic, the lcd screen perfect size and clarity. The focus is fast in my opinion. Thanks to hanging out here and the dp forum, I knew more about the camera then the clerk. The great thing was that did not try to steer me towards C(which has happen before) My decison was made that my first DSLR will be the K100d.

My question is this there are two kits available one with one standard lens or one with the standard lens plus a mid range telephoto about 300 in SLR terms. Is the kit Pentax telphoto a good lens? Or I would I be better off going with a different brand of telphoto?

I am so excited about getting my first DSLR and I think made a great decison.

Thanks for all your great posts, the friendly atomsphere, the great pics. Being long time Pentax SLR user. Using a Pentax is always fun, always a bit different in a postive way. Looking forward to making that leap in Pentax DSLR world

Thanks

greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2006, 5:41 PM   #2

The Pentax kit lens is quite nice (not a great lens, but nice for the price), and well worth the little they sell them for. Which lens is included in the second kit? If it's the Pentax DA 50-200 with the kit lens, then that's a very nice combination (I have them). If it isn't a Pentax lens, then it would depend on what it is.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 7:39 PM   #3

It was the Pentax lens.

Thank you.
greatgreyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 8:52 PM   #4

Just a Moment, Great Grey Owl-

I think you owe mtngal a real honest to God answer and an apology for your cop-out type of answer. You cannot just chirp off of your somewhat secure log. You may indeed hold sway over at http://www.dpreview.com. However, we lesser mortals over here, deserve a polite, well thought out answer. We simply do not tolerate that kind of BS (and of course, I mean Bible Scholar type answer), over here on our true, blue, honest indjun, Pentax DSLR forum.

In other words, be polite to the Lady, or get the heck out!

It is ENTIRELY up to you, Great Gray Owl. Put up, or get out! You have been warned once, and there will not be A TWICE. We are not weaklings here!

mt
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:19 PM   #5

Am I missing something here Sarah??????

Was something edited out that is not there for me to see, it seems your response was quite "In your face" for what appeared to be a simply Q and A between GGO and Mtgnal.

Or is this an inside joke that I am on the outside of :G
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 2:44 AM   #6

Crashman -

It was based on a bit I saw over at www.dpreview.com. His inquiry was NOT so Innocent.

Sarah
Old Aug 5, 2006, 8:45 AM   #7

mtclimber, what's wrong with you? What should he appologise for? I can't see anything abusive he said. And you just attacked him. IMHO it is you who owe appologise to greatgreyowl.

--
Edvinas

Edvinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:23 AM   #8

guess, i'm missing something here also sarah. why the blatant unfriendlyness??? how about a link to what caused this??

roy
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:04 PM   #9

Despite promoting more gossip, I too am interesting to hear/read what caused the reaction. In defense, if it wasn't meant to become gossip, then Sarah could've sent a private message instead of add to a forum thread.

pwithem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:18 PM   #10

I agree with the opinions offered and offer my apologies. I most certainly should have taken it to a PM.

MT/Sarah