Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:48 PM   #11

I still have my eyecup, but I use this solution that keeps the LCD clean and makes it very easy to see in bright light.

Shot with my Casio Z-600

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:02 PM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Tom, I'd like some more details on the retractable shade contraption in your picture. Does it snap on, or is it affixed via some adhesive? Where can such a device be purchased? Jay
Wingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:07 PM   #13

I slides on just like the original, fits fairly tight and I have never had any issues with it coming loose.

I got mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Delkin-eFilm-Pen...QQcmdZViewItem

Tom
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:15 PM   #14

i know a couple of people that use , i think, an orion telescope lens eyepiece it just stretches over the pentax mount. it provides a 100% coverage of your eye. i've been meaning to get one but when i'm in that part of town i always forget.. think they are under 10usd..

roy
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:10 AM   #15

There are lots of options out there, I just like the Delkin because it keeps the LCD clean when I am shooting and allows me to see the LCD in the brightest light when I want to review my images.

It also makes my camera look less like an expensive DSLR and more like a hard to sell film camera.

Tom
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:11 AM   #16

Price and function wise, Tom's alternative is the best. This is on top of the fact that Pentax Canada is to give you the run around.

Daniel

ejbrusselsprout wrote:
Quote:
daniel,

thanks, i'll have to email henry's again and try to get a response (maybe i should phone). what or who is mertle ? tried google and first few pages at least no info that looked likely. maybe local toronto store?

don't want any magnification so that one won't do.

pretty sure i checked b&h (and a few others) and they had eyecups but not the fn.

eric

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:31 PM   #17

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I slides on just like the original, fits fairly tight and I have never had any issues with it coming loose.

I got mine here:

Tom

If anybody is interested here's a link to a Delkin cover that fits the DL. It's more exspensive than the model for the DS.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:17 PM   #18

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:

I got mine here:

Tom

If anybody is interested here's a link to a Delkin cover that fits the DL. It's more exspensive than the model for the DS.

Hey Rufus, I was just checking my ebay messages... I sent the seller a question about the one for the dl & the one that you have the link to above is for the "Pro" style with the cover for the buttons on the left also. The regular style, like the one Tom has for his ds, is the same amount. $23.99 + 3.99 shipping usd. BTW, the "Pro" is 38.99 w/ free ship in the US

here's the regular http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AIT&rd=1

here's the Pro http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Just thought I would let us dl users know...I'm thinking that it's moving up on my wish list. I, too, have lost my eye cup & am wondering how much longer I can keep from scratching the screen, since I haven't started putting any protectant on it yet.

Thanks for the tip, Tom!!!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:35 PM   #19

The pro version covers the buttons on the rear of the lens and you can see from my photos that the regular version does not. I didn't feel the need for the extra coverage and the double buttons of the pro version, which is why I got the regular one along with price.

Tom
Old Aug 9, 2006, 8:08 AM   #20

Wadue, thank you for that info. I was going by what I saw on Delkin's site and only found the pro model. This is now moving up on my wish list also. I wish my work didn't block ebay so I could check out your link. It's like they want me to work or something. :-)Thanks again!
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote