Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:47 PM   #1

i'm out of town and just tried toinstall pentax's cd-rom on a 98se laptop. i got numerous warnings about a number of things. question is; will it install on w98 os??

roy
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:04 PM   #2

well, just did a little research and it appears it will not load on w98. wME seems to be the oldest os it can be loaded on. hopefully i will not shoot more than 220 images on this little trip. i had wanted to get quite a few mountain shots to try out PSCS HDR functions...
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:12 PM   #3

I don't know about this Pentax software. It will not work on my pc running XP. I tried to uninstall it, and it won't unistall-some message about not being able to perform this task, so when I tried to reinstall overtop, it wouldn't do that either. I'll stick to ps CS and Elements........Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:34 PM   #4

Do you need the Pentax program or can you use something else? I only occasionally use the Pentax software.

I couldn't get the HDR to work right - I took 2 different versions of a raw file and tried it, but it said there wasn't enough dynamic range difference. Think I need to read instructions on how to get it to work.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:13 AM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Do you need the Pentax program or can you use something else? I only occasionally use the Pentax software.

I couldn't get the HDR to work right - I took 2 different versions of a raw file and tried it, but it said there wasn't enough dynamic range difference. Think I need to read instructions on how to get it to work.
it's the only thing i have with me to work in raw. with HDR you have to use at least 3 different files for it to work, i believe. cs+ will not install on w98.

don, i never use it at home.. to uninstall, delete it, then run a registry cleaner. look for 'jv16' v3.. jv16 will also act as an uninstaller..
Old Aug 8, 2006, 8:17 AM   #6

HEre is where I show how dumb I am.....what is "HDR"?

F
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 8:37 AM   #7

fghouse2000 wrote:
Quote:
HEre is where I show how dumb I am.....what is "HDR"?

F
Not dumb at all. HDR = High Dynamic Range. Here's a link with a good explanation...

CambridgeColour
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote