Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:43 PM   #1

All the photos seems to come out slightly out of focus, images are never sharp. All camera settings are at factory defult. I exchanged for another same lens, problem seems still continues. And now I even have the problem with the menu. I click the menu button, menu comes up and turns off for no reason. Wish some one can help me.

It's ist DL body with Sigma 24-135mm F2.8-4.5 lens. I normally use large apreture values and apreture priority to shoot.

Please see the sample pic I attached, as very obviously, the pic is not sharp at all. Somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!
niceguysanantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:03 PM   #2

I really wish I could. My Sigma appears to work fine, but I find myself leaving it behind because all of these stories cause me to mistrust it.

Only advice I can give is to clean the contacts at the back of the lens mount very carefully (a pencil eraser, possibly some denatured alcohol on a small q-tip, but be careful not to get anything on the glass). Some claim that the contacts cause the problem, and a good cleaning shouldn't hurt.

Sigma Canada have been replacing some of these lenses with new factory fresh models that supposedly work.

I will just cross my fingers and continue to use mine.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:48 PM   #3

what's the possibility of the problem being the camera body? since I don't have a different lens to try with, I'm just not sure if the problem is the body or the lens.

I personally would thinkthat body itself is fine, but nothing is absolute, so maybe I received a defective body, I don't know.
niceguysanantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:51 PM   #4

Given the similarity of the symptoms to other reports posted here I would say your camera body is fine. Like I said, I wish I could do more but I really can't suggest anything other than cleaning the contacts on the lens.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 9:22 PM   #5

I don't think it's the camera body. There is some kind of communication glitch between the lens and the camera. Probably a defective or inproperly designed micro chip. There has to be a reason all these lenses are being unloaded for so little money. If they worked flawlessly, they wouldn't be selling for less than $100. Maybe the Tamron 24-135 is the better option. Haven't heard any bad reports on this lens, and it is highly reviewed, hence the higher price. As far as sharpness goes, mine is very sharp from f/4 and up, but wide open it is not good. Images are very soft at f/2.8. But then, the reviews I read before purchasing this lens told me this, so it was not unexpected.....cheers........Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:40 PM   #6

got my Sigma 24-135 today... menu problem is not happening
deejjjaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote