Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:35 AM   #11

alison,
you should be able to get an older 50mm lens for under 15 pounds. it doesn't matter how fast it is as for macro work you will be stopped down to at least f11-16. f16 is about as large as i ever go..
Old Aug 11, 2006, 3:52 PM   #12

robar wrote:
Quote:
alison,
you should be able to get an older 50mm lens for under 15 pounds. it doesn't matter how fast it is as for macro work you will be stopped down to at least f11-16. f16 is about as large as i ever go..
It may sound crazy but right now, I don't have 15 pounds to spend on an extra lens, I HATE having no money, grrrr.

Anyway, it's my birthday in October so I might be able to persuade my mum or sister to get it for me but now rather than in October, well, I say now, more like end of month cos they've gone away now til then! lol!

I'll go into the local camera shops to try and find a cheap one, can always try and sell my walkman to raise the extra cash if need be! lol! Anything for the sake of photography.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 4:54 PM   #13

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
I might be able to persuade my mum or sister to get it for me
Quote:
can always try and sell my walkman to raise the extra cash if need be! lol! Anything for the sake of photography.
Have you tried to sell your mom and sister at Brixton Market?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:31 PM   #14

alison,
i know of your situation. i too have been there. i'll tell you what, i've got a K55, f1.8 laying around. not sure if you can get a filter on it and i think the focus is a little stiff. all i know is i can't sell it on ebay. for macros you don't need a filter and you don't need to focus as you move in and out for focus shooting at macro. if you will pay the actualshipping, i'll be MORE than happy to post it to you for no other charge. i doubt it would be more than 5 pounds. i'd offer the 2x tele converter i took the glass out of also, but you already have the ext rings. maybe it can go to someone else. the 55mm would work greatwith your ext rings. i could not ship it till next week as i'm 1900K from home.let me know at:

roy
Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:34 PM   #15

Hey Roy, you probably should make your email address a little more noticeable, I almost missed it.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:19 PM   #16

ira, at least it's an image and not an actual address. you can't click on it and go, in other words.. you've upset me now and i'll have to resize it:?. guess i'll never forgive you!!!!!!!! lol

roy
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:31 AM   #17

Two things, Roy

I have the same lens 55 f/1.8 and it takes 59mm filters. I just purchased a reversing ring for this lens and it arrrived the other week.

Thats what I like about this forum, everyone likes to help everyone.

Secondly, I am glad I had my sunnies on when I checked this thread, damn I almost blinded myself with that email link...:lol::lol::lol:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 5:39 PM   #18

robar wrote:
Quote:
alison,
i know of your situation. i too have been there. i'll tell you what, i've got a K55, f1.8 laying around. not sure if you can get a filter on it and i think the focus is a little stiff. all i know is i can't sell it on ebay. for macros you don't need a filter and you don't need to focus as you move in and out for focus shooting at macro. if you will pay the actualshipping, i'll be MORE than happy to post it to you for no other charge. i doubt it would be more than 5 pounds. i'd offer the 2x tele converter i took the glass out of also, but you already have the ext rings. maybe it can go to someone else. the 55mm would work greatwith your ext rings. i could not ship it till next week as i'm 1900K from home.let me know at:

roy
Thank you so much Roy, have emailed you about it
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote