Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 9, 2006, 3:25 AM   #1

...well, I have just ordered myself a set of extension tubes from ebay, really cheap so hope they will be ok, coming from the states so no idea how long it will take but I was getting frustrated with my existing set up and decided the extension tubes are a must for the time being, at least until I am rich enough to buy a dedicated macro lens, hehehe.

Could this be the start of the dreaded LBA I wonder? lolol!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2006, 4:45 AM   #2

I ordered mine back on 4th July and they still haven't turned up. :?

Tthe eBay shop that sold them to me has stated if they don't turn up by Frioday they will refund my money.

I don't want a refund, I want some Ext Tubes...:-)

Yes it has begun, first it is the little purchases, the ones you can justify to yourself, like "I was getting frustrated with my existing set up and decided the extension tubes are a must for the time being" and then it gets bigger, you tell yourself you NEED that other lens, because if you have that other lens you will be like everyone else and take great pictutres like everyone else.

Then, well!!! Its I will try macro or tele or portrait and on and on it goes until you are broke and can't move for the lenses are everywhere in your house and now you need to buy a new camera bag for it all and well just one more, I just need that BIG Glass lens and my set is complete...."what, no not now...."..... stupid voices in my head. :?:?:?
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 6:09 AM   #3

I just recived my vivtar series 1 70-210 lens (recived is too big word, I had to go to local post office depot and collect it myself) and I'm waiting now for 50mm 1.7. I think I'll have to go and collect this one as well. for now I decided that should be enough (I still looked at ext tubes at ebay:-) ). got both of them for 32 pounds each with shipping so I think it's cheap. now I have to stop looking at lenses on ebay to avoid getting LBA :-)and trying to sue what I have.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:59 AM   #4

I just bought a Tamron 200-500 f5.6 SP lens on the net tonight. Been looking for a while. Actually I was looking for the Vivitar 120-600mm oens, but for Pentax they are rare as hens teeth.

I have heard good things about the 500mm SP. Looking forward to mouting this monster on on my camera and getting some better surfing shots.

Still waiting for ext tubes..AAARRRGGHH
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 1:22 PM   #5

My LBA finally cleared up when I came down with a severe dose of ABA (accessory buying addiction).

Just before the wedding I shot last week, I ordered a Sekonic L-308 FlashMate light meter (from Henry's ebay store, two days and it was in my hands, awesome service), now I am waiting for a new Dyanatran tripod (Manfrotto copy, yes I know it isn't as good as the real thingbut it should be better than my lightweight Slik for studio type work and the price is right). The irony here is that I was outbid on the tripod alone so I entered the same bid for a tripod with a large photo backpack and won, go figure.

Anyhow the money has now officially run out until I can make a few extra dollars through photography. Got another picture by-line in the local paper this week, that might drum up a little interest,

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:29 PM   #6

Well, I'm an absolute idiot, I've ordered the ext tubes, the idea being that I could use them with my kit lens. Just one problem, the kit lens doesn't have an apperture ring so looks like I will NEED to buy another lens fairly soon! lol!

I guess I can use themwith the sigma 70-300 at the wider end until I can afford a different lens. Could kick myself, why didn't I realise, grrrrr! lol!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:56 PM   #7

Ah, yes, things do work that way. Since you have LBA, you've bought the extension tubes to give you an excuse to buy another lens - sounds good to me. I've been telling my hubby just how much I'd like a 300mm f4 lens, but then I talk about the camera. He asked me if I got the lens, would I need the camera, and I answered that if I got the lens, I'd really need the camera, because I doubt I can keep a 300mm lens still.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 4:09 PM   #8

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Just one problem, the kit lens doesn't have an apperture ring so looks like I will NEED to buy another lens fairly soon! lol!
No reason to buy a new lens is a bad reason. If you can't find a reason -well that would be too bad!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:01 PM   #9

As for the tripod, is it better to ask permission before or forgiveness after, oops too late!!!
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:47 AM   #10

The kids, the wife and myself went on holiday with 3 digital camera's (and one camcorder) So I was thinking :idea:that a media- or image-tank would be handy.

Ordered a Vosonic from Germany, much cheaper there. Because it was so cheap I ordered one with a 120 GB harddisk in it cost as much as a 20GB in Holland .We took almost 3000 pictures, I did most RAW because I want to make anaglyphs. Guess how much we uses... 19 GB. Told the wife that that space is also very handy for temporary backups of the edited pictures........

Lenses, could you use them for something else/ beside taking photo┬┤s/-usefull - also, I might talk to the misses again if I found some :-)

Richard.

Attached Images

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote