Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:17 AM   #1

my dl2 doesn't allow me to shoot when it thinks that subject is out of focus. i don't really mind that excep when I set my lens to hyperfocal distance on the scale, it should let everything be in focus in landscape shooting but camere didn't want to fire. I trird to shoot couple out of focus pictures (to make noise profile for neatimage) but it didn't let me. is there anything I can do to shoot no matter what camera think about focus??
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:30 AM   #2

I've found answer to my own question. I just have to switch camera to manual focus. apeerantly when using manual focus lenses if you have camera switched to AF it won't let you shoot when out of focus. there's nothing about it in camera manual.

sorry for causing confusion
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:39 AM   #3

Gfurm, don't worry I am still getting caught out on that because I flick between manual and auto focus lenses all the time...:blah:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 1:41 PM   #4

No confusion caused - not everyone knows that. I did the same thing, wondering what was wrong with the camera, and havedone that more than once! It's a good point to bring up, especially for others around here that are new to the camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote