Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:05 PM   #1

When I click on "Browse" in CS2, Adobe Bridge (AB) gets launched by default. It is a faily decent browser. AB shows thumbnails of the selected folder and additonal photo information. In my case, AB works well for JPG/JPEG images. Inotherwords, thumbnail images are displayed. When I click on a thumbnail, CS2 gets launched for editing.

Here is the issue and I am not sure if the problem is me or the poblem is an issue with AB/CS2 and the way it handles the pictures from a DL. AB shows the pentax RAW imafes as "PEF" files and does not show a thumbnail of the picture. All that is shown to me is a Pentax PEF Icon. When I click on the icon the image shows up in Pentax'es RAW editor. This is a bit frustrating because I cannot prefiew the RAW image in the browser prior to selecting the image for RAW processing.

The question is...what could be wrong with the way I have set Adobe up, or is this a CS2/adobe bridge issue?

Any comments or thoughts would be helpful

F
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:28 PM   #2

You need to d/l Adobe Raw 3.4 which covers the Pentax u[ to DL2.

Darren

Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 6:17 PM   #3

Got Adobe RAW 3.4 and installed it in the specified loaction (progfiles/sdobe/..cs2/plugins/formats).
The RAW processor works when you open a file from directly within CS2.\

F
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:43 PM   #4

Wish I could help you, but I can't. My version of Bridge shows the thumbnails. I did have to close the program and re-open it after downloading and installing ACR, though.

Which brings up a question. I'm on the verge of getting a K100D - would ACR 3.4 recognize it's raw files, since it is such a new camera?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:11 PM   #5

Try putting the ACR plugin in this folder aswell as the usual PS plugins folder.
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge\Plug-Ins

This will also allow you to use ACR within Bridge, which will leave Photoshop free for other tasks.
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 9:59 AM   #6

Thank You...putting the plugin in the photobridge folder as suggested did the trick. All is now well again

F
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:12 PM   #7

The correct location for Camera Raw is \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats (replace the version that is there). This makes it available to both applications. If you only see generic thumbnails (not pictures) for Raw files when using Bridge, Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.
Yog-Sothoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:07 PM   #8

Im new and just bought a ist DL. Can I adjust Pentax RAW files in Elements 4 or do I need CS to do so. I can't realy afford full blown CS atm. Thanks.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 3:59 AM   #9

Spiritbro77 schreef:
Quote:
Im new and just bought a ist DL. Can I adjust Pentax RAW files in Elements 4

Yes, you can go to the adobe website and download the Raw plug-in for Elements. I hope the link work, otherwise search for elements RAW at the Adobe site.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

And welcome here of course!

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 4:13 AM   #10

Thank you so much for the kind welcome and information.I'll be asking a LOT of pretty stupid questions here in the near future and it's nice to know there are friendly folks here that won't be too hard on me
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote