Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:28 AM   #1

Any people from Windsor wanna get together for a Timmy's or organise a shoot - I know there's at least myself and hsmooth - maybe surrounding area Detroit, London, Chatham, etc.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 3:34 PM   #2

I was thinking about doing something for the Toronto/Buffalo/Niagara meetup . But recent meetup events in DC could only get attendence less than 8 people. And it was in a lot more populated area than Canada.
Also my participation in some local photo club results in me always in defence of Pentax equipment compared with N+C. So it ends up that interaction with other members considerably reduced. We should try but it is difficult given all of us are busy with our daily chore ( if not daily mad scene for working people).
Just my thought.

Daniel

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:
Any people from Windsor wanna get together for a Timmy's or organise a shoot - I know there's at least myself and hsmooth - maybe surrounding area Detroit, London, Chatham, etc.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 3:47 PM   #3

I was aiming for Pentax only as this would give us something in common. I was thinking of joining a local club, for the first time but I was told that they're of the Elite type - unlike people here.

Edit: People here might be elite but not elitist - just in case of a misunderstanding.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 4:12 PM   #4

I know what they think in terms of being elitist = film. Absolutely no digital.

The fact that they are turning away experienced photographer like you tells you something.

Photography is for common people. Individual photographers could be elitist. Wait until they see some of the newer P&S compared with films . I am no film basher. But digital is the way to go.

Daniel

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:
I was aiming for Pentax only as this would give us something in common. I was thinking of joining a local club, for the first time but I was told that they're of the Elite type - unlike people here.

Edit: People here might be elite but not elitist - just in case of a misunderstanding.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 6:54 PM   #5

Well, if it wasn't for digital, I would never be able to afford my hobby, I am disabled so don't work and have very little money to live on letalone to spend on films and processing. I would have missed out on some of the fantastic shots I have achieved recently because I wouldn't have had a film or been able to pay for the processing.

I too thought about joining a local club but I haven't plucked up the courage to enquire because I am almost certain they will frown upon the fact I use a digital camera.

Maybe I should pop up there one day anyway, if they turn out to be elitist (I use the term "snobs") then so be it, I can walk away.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote