Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:11 PM   #1

Greetings,

I have appreciated all of the answers, advice, and information found here in the past couple of months. Originally this was supposed to be research for my wife's Christmas present. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way (mainly here on this board) I got the photography bug too. Sooo, I find my self deep in my cups and ready to buy a camera.

The Pentax 50-200 lens has come highly recommended on this board. According to froogle.com there are only a couple of sources for the K100d bundled with the Pentax 50-200 and 18-55 lenses. So, my first question is this: Has anyone done business with Berger Brothers camera in Amityville NY and can you give a thumbs up or thumbs down for this business. They are offering the two lenses together with the camera for $850. I figure this to be a $150.00 premium over the basic kit with only the 18-55 lens; cheaper than buying the 50-200 lens separately. If anyone has done business with Berger Bros I would appreciate your feedback, reseller ratings only has about 25 ratings, mostly good but the bad ones are severe.

If I order this camera I will post soon concerning other lenses. There has been excellent advice here to learn the camera with one lens and then expand as needed. I, of course, will ignore that excellent advice because I have a bad case of LBA even before I buy the camera.

I showed up here still somewhat undecided about what camera I wanted to buy. I now find myself committed to a Pentax for several reasons, not least of which is the fact that if I bought something else I could not hang out here anymore. Ya'll have a really great forum going and I would not want to have to relocate somewhere else to continue learning.

Thanks,

NonEntity
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:36 PM   #2

The only thing I could find was on ResellerRatings.com. Their customer reviews appear to be decent.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:09 AM   #3

Thanks Rufus. I checked RR, I just noted that there were not very many ratings. I don't know how long this company has been around but it does not look like anyone here has done business with them.

Thanks,

NonEntity
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:56 AM   #4

You're welcome. I checked Bizrate.com as well and they had nothing on them. Maybe if you post your question in the General Q&A forum it will get some hits from more people in that area?
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:36 AM   #5

try here, it's where i got 95% of my equipment. for the k100 just be sure you take note that it's with/without lens.

EBAY
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:24 AM   #6

That is a good point Rufus, I should have thought to do that. Roy, thanks for sending me back to Ebay. I had checked several times for a K100d two lens kit there without success. But now I just found one listed from a 99.7% seller for about $100 less than I was looking at from Berger Bros. It is now ordered.

So hopefully by this weekend I will join the ranks of Pentaxians.

Thanks,

Tim/NonEntity
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:54 AM   #7

great tim,
we await the results.
some of these vendors on ebay have really rotten reviews elsewhere. on ebay tho they have to look out for their feedback. it keeps them honest. i've never had a bad experience there..

roy