Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:35 AM   #11

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
You got this from Roy: tell them to freeze mid air huh?
Good shots.
When you said 'when your stuff arrives, did you mean you are to get some more lens for your lineup?

Yup! Roy has been giving private lessons - actually he showed be to communicate with them using matches like they do at the airports.

I just moved back from working in Europe (that's why I was absent from here for a long time) and consequently not all my belongings came with me and no, I'm not thinking of purchasing any lenses except perhaps replacing the Tamron as I feel it doesn't have the clarity I WANT. We'll see.

Thanks everyone for your compliments - they're encouraging.

My gallery is at www.jointcomms.com/thegallery should you want to browse.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:22 AM   #12

jc,
there is no exif info on these shots. i had the similar sigma70-300. i got some good macros with it but had trouble using it. it's too long from my experience. most of these are are not sharp because of camera movement or too short of shutter speed. to get the sharpest images from this lens you will need to stop down to at least f8. for macros and DOF i'd suggest f16. then your shutter speed is going to be slow,ie, tripod. there is nothing wrong with your lens.. here's some from the sigma.

not as sharp as with a tripod, but...

had my elbows on the ground for support

not quite macro but close.

the tamron and the sigma are almost identical. you'll get a lot sharper images if you use the advice above. try turning yourself into a tripod, brace yourself on something, etc.

roy
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:14 AM   #13

I found out about this after having posted the images.

All the above shots were taken using a tripod but I will take the aperture settings into consideration next time I'm out on a shoot of this kind. THANKS
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:21 AM   #14

none of these were shot with a tripod. if you are using a tripod then use the 2second mirror up setting. it may help..
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:25 AM   #15

here's a sharp bee in flight. shot with a M100 f4 hand held. this is a much shorter lens tho. any amount of movement with the 70-300s are going to sink you.

same lens..

roy