Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

Just got a split focus screen from another member .
AF seems to be ok. Manual focus is why I need the split screen most. Here is a macro I would have problem earlier (FA100mm macro)
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/65178136/original
The screen does not seem to be brighter. With split screen , it is easier for focus and when it does, the focus indicator kicks in as well.
So far so good. I need to adjust to the large split screen circle as well.
The other manual 300mm seems to be ok in test shots. I am to do more test with the focus screen + the teleprime next couple of days.
Daniel


danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:56 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
pentax4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
Default

I am also intereted in obtaining a split image focusing screen. What camera are you using, and what brand/model # is the split image screen? Is it a Katzeye? I can''t seem to find a Pentax split image focus screen.
pentax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

Very sharp Daniel, looks like this is working out fine.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

The hidden secret of DL: the screen is easily replaceable.
It came from a Chinese DIY as per

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...%3AIT&rd=1

[size="2"]pentax4me wrote: [/b]
Quote:
I am also intereted in obtaining a split image focusing screen. What camera are you using, and what brand/model # is the split image screen? Is it a Katzeye? I can''t seem to find a Pentax split image focus screen.
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:30 AM   #5
TDN
Senior Member
 
TDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,288
Default

Hehe, seems like Ishi linked to our forum in his auction

Here's a link to the katz screens: http://66.147.229.44/item--Katz-Eye-...prod_istD.html

They're quite expensive though...

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:30 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Fred666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 191
Default

Just bought a split screen from Ischi - the auction linked to above. Was watching it for a while, then decided to go for it.

Should help the manual focus no end.



Darren


Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:56 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 25
Default

would really appreciate if anyone has tried it on a K100.



f
fogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:03 PM   #8
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fred666 wrote:
Quote:
Just bought a split screen from Ischi - the auction linked to above. Was watching it for a while, then decided to go for it.

Should help the manual focus no end.



Darren

was it an auction?? i mailed him asking.

roy
  Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:47 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Fred666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 191
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
Fred666 wrote:
Quote:
Just bought a split screen from Ischi - the auction linked to above. Was watching it for a while, then decided to go for it.

Should help the manual focus no end.



Darren

was it an auction?? i mailed him asking.

roy
Yes, when I checked back it had 15 mins to go. And yes, he does link to here

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ENTAX+DL+SPLIT



Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:06 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

It is a 'no'.
The screen is slightly bigger than that of D & DL. There were some discussion on this and the othe forum as well.

Daniel

fogueira wrote:
Quote:
would really appreciate if anyone has tried it on a K100.



f
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:32 AM.