Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:39 PM   #1

I just got my DL today. Was wondering if I should get the uv or polarized filter? Also wondering what speed SD cardto use with the DL?

Thanks,

Chad
cjrenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:40 AM   #2

I will say this. There is much discussion about the value of the UV Filter. I personally do not use a UV filter, but thats my choice. A polarizing filter Is nice to have.
As to SD cards. Again personal Choice. My DS has no problem at all With Standard SD cards. However, I personally Use only Sandisk Ultra II/III cards.
Two reasons.
(1) I figure even though Its not Necssacary , it cannot hurt especially When Shooting RAW.
(2) I have noticed that the Files transfer from Card reader to PC much Faster with the higher speed card.

Hope this helps

BK/Phil
cjrenick wrote:
Quote:
I just got my DL today. Was wondering if I should get the uv or polarized filter? Also wondering what speed SD cardto use with the DL?

Thanks,

Chad
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:07 AM   #3

i always use a UV filter on everything. better to scratch it than the lens. one thing i don't like about it is you really need a lens shade when using them. a polarizes is great to have. you'll need a tripod a lot of the time using it. get the biggest one you can afford and use stepup rings so you can use it on all of your lenses.

when buying filters, always get the [o] rated and not the [n].. the [n] rated filters are not optical glass.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:30 AM   #4

cjrenick schreef:
Quote:

Thanks,

Chad
Below are two pictures, the first one with a polarized (circular) filter and the second without. Both were taken with the kitlens for the *istd-L I took this filter (And a UV, but you wont see a differents) with me to try on our holliday, so it's not my best shot.

Richard.

Attached Images

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:31 AM   #5

The second (How do I put more than one picture in a message ?)

Richard.

Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:56 AM   #6

Ritro wrote:
Quote:
The second (How do I put more than one picture in a message ?)

Richard.

you have to have a place to place your images. then you link to them. a lot of us use this.
http://photobucket.com/

roy
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:57 AM   #7

for filters and other items check here.
http://www.camerafilters.com/pages/cg.aspx
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:38 AM   #8

Polarizers should only be used with side lighted scenes. They are a must have for landscape photography. An easy way to see the effect is to just look through the polarizer off camera.
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:21 AM   #9

Thanks Rober, i'm a member now.

Richard.

Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:04 AM   #10

one thing i like about photobucket is that you can ck the images you want to post, then go down to the bottom of the of the page and clk 'generate html code'

copy the 3rd section down and post it here and you will have clickable thumbnails. like these.

roy