Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:06 PM   #1

I just recently got my DL and so far love the camera. Can anyone recommend a good bag/case that will hold the camera + lens?
intence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:19 PM   #2

lowe pro makes great bags. so does tamrac

this is a question that you really need to answer because it will be different for everyone. some like to take everything with them some don't. it depends on you. how much do you need to carry?? i've got three. the one that gets the most use is a lowepro ex-160. it's a shoulder/belt bag. it's small but i get the ds w/kit lens,70-200mm zoom, another small prime, table tripod, lenspen, extra backup crv batteries, 2 extra sets AA batts, PL filter, gray card, several stepup rings, couple extra mem. cards, and a collapsible lens hood. got this on ebay for 12usd delivered.

roy
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:57 PM   #3
TC3

I have ordered a Crumpler bens pizza in large and that will hold the camera with lens attached, the DA 50-200 and a Tamron 1.4 TC. It also has a pocket for accessories. IMO it looks better than your average camera bag especially in grahite grey and dark red trim

If u just want something for the camera and lens then the Lowepro mini rez i think it was fits really well. Tried it on my K100D at weekend

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:51 PM   #4
TDN

I'm looking for one too.

I read in another thread that Ira has this one:

Looks like exactly what I need, a small protective case to take the camera, attached lens, batteries and cards. I'm planning to take it on a trip to Turkey, so I need a holster.

Ira, where did you find this one and what did you pay for it?

Has anyone tried the Tamrac Holster bag?

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/TAMRAC-Colt-...QQcmdZViewItem

Tnx,

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:13 PM   #5

I've been eyeing the Lowepro Slingshot 100. The 200 looked too big for me - I'd fill it up for too much weight.

I'm currently using a shoulder Tamrac bag that holds camera with DA 50-200 lens on it, the Phoenix 100mm macro, M 24mm 2.8, M 50mm 1.4, tabletop tripod, air blower, small lens cleaning kit, several filters, extra set of batteries, several extra SD cards, small notepad and pen, cap for camera if I take the lens off, along with the extra cap for the lens that's normally mounted on the camera. With the DS and all that stuff I was looking for another solution because it's really too much weight for my shoulder (reason why I've thought about the Slingshot), but I've been putting up with it. The extra weight of the K100D in theTamrac bagis the stick that broke the camel's back - this morning I left the tabletop tripod at home. What with my recent positive experience with the kit lens, I'm nowre-thinking my choice of carrying the 2 fast primelenses instead of the kit lens on a regular basis.

It is really a personal matter - what fits your style and equipment and how much you want to carry around with you. In general, you can carry more in backpacks, but they aren't convenient for quick access. Belt/fanny packs are very accessible but you can't carry as much weight in them. Shoulder bags can be awkward and also limited with how much weight you can carry. You can carry more cross-shoulder which is why I'm now looking at the slingshot.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:23 PM   #6

Hi,

It really depends on where and how you want to carry it.

I've got Lowepro Slingshot 100 for myself a few months ago and don't regret so far. I carry in it my DS, DA 16-45, DA 50-200, FA 50 and 360FGQ flash.

I went for Slingshot because I liked the idea of it. Of course I considered shoulder bags and backpacks, but decided against them because shoulder bags are not convenient to carry especially if your lifestyle is kind of active one. Backpacks are very convenient to carry but it is pain to access equipment.

So, I went for a compromise between those two. Slingshot provides relatively fast access and is convenient to carry.

--
Edvinas
Edvinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:29 PM   #7

Edvinas wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I've got Lowepro Slingshot 100 for myself a few months ago and don't regret so far. I carry in it my DS, DA 16-45, DA 50-200, FA 50 and 360FGQ flash.

--
Edvinas
The Lowepro 100 Slingshot 100 works for me, too. However, I have a backpack when I want to carry more, a Lowepro Nova 2 AW when I want to carry less, and a Home Depot aluminum $19.95 tool box when I want to carry somewhere in between.

Regards, Lawrence

Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:33 PM   #8

I have to agree with "Edvinas"

I also own the lowepro Slingshot 100. I truly love the Bag. I had shoulder bag
Prior to the Lowepro and it was hurting My Neck. So i looked into the Sling Pack And it Solved all my Issures. Now I can carry my Equipment all day with no Issues.
I also have a Smaller case(Lowepro Rezo TLZ20) , that i take when i only need to take only my camera and a spare SD card.

BK

Edvinas wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I went for Slingshot because I liked the idea of it. Of course I considered shoulder bags and backpacks, but decided against them because shoulder bags are not convenient to carry especially if your lifestyle is kind of active one. Backpacks are very convenient to carry but it is pain to access equipment.

So, I went for a compromise between those two. Slingshot provides relatively fast access and is convenient to carry.

--
Edvinas
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:40 PM   #9

I ended up getting a LowePro Rezo 140 AW from CompUsa (they had a great price online w/instore pickup, it was around $19). It's a bit small, but should do for holding the camera, extra batteries, and an extra lens in addition to the kit lens.

I'm sure as my collection of lenses and equipments gets larger, i'll probably end up buying something like the Slingshot.
intence is offline   Reply With Quote