Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:48 PM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
SO nice! These are really lovely - the area around Tucson is really interesting. I haven't been there in a very long time, but I'd love to go down to Bisbee and take the tour of the Copper Queen. It seems to me that it was still an active copper mine when I was last there.
they've also found a LIVE cave/cavern in that area that equals carlsbad
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:31 PM   #12

I didn't know about that cavern- is it open to the public? I'd love to take those 2 fast lenses I have and the K100D there! I took some pictures in a small cave near Angels Camp, CA with the 50mm 1.7 lens and the DS. I was surprised that about half of them came out reasonably shake-free (lighting wasn't the greatest).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:03 PM   #13

this was discovered in the past 10years and was kept quiet for a long time. from what i understand it is open to the publicas a RSVP. only so many people inside at once. i think they've air-locked the entrance to help perserve the cave. it's been a few years since i read about it.

roy
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:06 PM   #14

dms25 wrote:
Quote:
Great shots roy. It really is a stunning lens.

Dom
for being produced in 1982 it is still a stunning lens. some of the images taken with it almost cut your finger.altho just about any other dedicated macro can do the same thing.

roy