Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:42 PM   #11

robar wrote:
Quote:
great alison!! do you still want the 55?

roy
You bet I do! lol! I can't wait to be able to use it with the extension tubes (still waiting for them to arrive), should be able to get even closer to my subjects hopefully, hehehe.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:08 PM   #12

i think i'll get out my diopters and give this a try. if i can find them. i kind of like the subtle soft focus.

roy
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:35 PM   #13

Excellent, as usual. The quality comes through even though I'm looking at these on the worst monitor at work!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:15 PM   #14

alison,
hope you did not take my comment wrong. these are sharp as tacks but they seem to have that soft focus glow..

roy
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:39 PM   #15
TDN

Wow, these are very nice results! Especially for a closeup filter with the kit lens!

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:41 PM   #16

Now that's what I'm talking about when i say clarity. Wow. It makes mine look bad.

Is the kit lense a 18-35 as in the D? How close were you without these flying off?

Excellent stuff Alison.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:59 PM   #17

Wow! Those are really great. I am going to spend my first day with the new camera hiding in the garden, I think. Can I ask what brand macro filter you are using? I think I need one.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:07 AM   #18

robar wrote:
Quote:
alison,
hope you did not take my comment wrong. these are sharp as tacks but they seem to have that soft focus glow..

roy
LOL, when you said soft focus, I had to go back and look at the pics, didn't quite get what you meant at first! lol!

No offence taken whatsoever.

Alison
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:13 AM   #19

nlp239 wrote:
Quote:
Now that's what I'm talking about when i say clarity. Wow. It makes mine look bad.

Is the kit lense a 18-35 as in the D? How close were you without these flying off?

Excellent stuff Alison.
It's an 18-55 with the DL2, how close?, well, probably around two to three inches. It was an overcast day so nothing was very active which made it easier to shoot.

Alison
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:16 AM   #20

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Wow! Those are really great. I am going to spend my first day with the new camera hiding in the garden, I think. Can I ask what brand macro filter you are using? I think I need one.

Tim
It's a set of three Kood filters I have, I usually only use the +4, adding the others loses too much detail which is a shame because I could get even closer. I did contemplate buying a +10 on it's own but am waiting now to see how I get on with the extension tubes first.

You can buy the sets of filters on ebay, quite cheap, you get a +1, +2 and +4 but if you look, some of them actually have a +10 as well which is what I wish I had got now, never mind.

Alison