Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:01 PM   #11

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
My tip: shoot raw. Check this rather hopeless picture. No post-processing, just converted from camera default.

Can you bracket in raw mode? Would you need to? I'm wondering if a PS action can be used to merge highlights of one image and shadows of another automatically this could be an answer for me.:idea:
Thanks
-Jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:11 PM   #12

yes you can bracket in raw. and yes you can combine the shadows and hi-lights from the same raw image. ck this out. it's rather simple. it also saved my butt at the first airshow i shot.

Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:14 PM   #13

jabilson007 wrote:
Quote:
Can you bracket in raw mode? Would you need to? I'm wondering if a PS action can be used to merge highlights of one image and shadows of another automatically this could be an answer for me.:idea:
Thanks
-Jon

Yes, you can shoot with the bracket function in RAW. But you can also do the "bracketing" by converting the same raw a few times with different exposure compensation, and then merge the jpegs. I guess that would be better for action shots, ie sports. I've never tried to merge myself, but I've seen the results some others have posted and it's surely something on my "what-to-learn-next-list".

Kjell

edit: Roy posted as I was writing. His example was one of those I was thinking of.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:24 PM   #14

When bracketing is done in raw does it change the shutter speed or aperture?
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote