Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:17 PM   #11

I bought my m50 1.7 for $22 + $7 shipping - and that included a UV filter.

The 1.7s are a great deal over the 1.4s for just losing 1/2 a stop. And I don't think using the M version are that much of a pain as far as the metering goes. I just couldn't deal with manual focus - so I went and got an F 50/1.7
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:57 PM   #12

Got my 50mm lens last week - SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 £50 incl postage, with a skylight filter and a polariser filter.

And yes, manual focus is a pain in the arse, BUT... well worth learning again. Wish my split screen would hurry up and arrive.

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:11 PM   #13

hey, alison just got a K55mm, f1.8 for $11 delivered...

wish my split screen would get here too.

roy
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:06 PM   #14

I got mine SMC A 1.7 50mm for 32 pounds including shipping, I think I got lucky with this price. few days before I got outbidded on two 1.7 which ended aroud 50 pounds.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:21 PM   #15

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
I got mine SMC A 1.7 50mm for 32 pounds including shipping, I think I got lucky with this price. few days before I got outbidded on two 1.7 which ended aroud 50 pounds.
If it was me - sorry.

I think I let 3 or 4 go before I committed to buy at almost any cost.

Darren

Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:36 PM   #16

I just got my smc-a 50mm f2 from ebay in the mail (darn LBA:G) today. & didn't get a chance to play until almost dusk, so I had to use the onboard flash for this one. So I thought I'd post it on this thread since it kickstarted the LBA. BTW, thanks alot, guys!LOL! Oh yeah, $36 w/ ship ....deal or no deal??? it's manual only so i actually have to look again:O. Anywho, here's one of our vinca's in the front yard. CC please!
Attached Images

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:23 PM   #17

Just got my 50 mm F2 today. It's too dark to do much with it now but Ill be shooting away come tomorrow. I hope it's at least a decent lens for portraits until I can get my hands on a 1.7 or even better a 1.4 Guess I'll find out. It's brand new in the box so I don't think I got ripped for 32 bucks plus 10 shipping. Wish me luck
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:27 PM   #18

I'm sure this question has been covered elsewhere but exactly what is the difference between the M and A series - in idiot proof language if possible....

Thanks,

Bob
bobinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:25 AM   #19
TC3

Last week i saw a mint 50mm A 1.7 with case and caps on e bay starting at $10 and as i had already bought a new Tamron 1.4 tc which was being shipped from a relative in the USA to me in the UK i thought i would ask the seller if he would want to name his price for a buy it now rather than wait the 7 day listing as i was sick of losing out on the A series in the auctions. The guy agreed to a buy it now of 45 dollars shipped to USA address. I snapped it up as A series do go for more than the £24 or so i paid.

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:38 AM   #20

bobinoz:

A - lens has automatic aperture, so you can use your camera in any auto or semi auto mode (like shutter priority or aperture priority or full auto). the only thing it doesn't have is autofocus.

M - lens is fully manual and works only in M mode, you have to set apreture and shutter speed yourself, it doesn't have autofocus.

FA - lens is fully automatic with autofocus.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote