Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:19 AM   #1

As some might be aware, I ordered a set of Macro Extension tubes for my DL and waited and waited and waited.

I was adivsed it may take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive. So after waiting 7 weeks I advised them(seller) that they had not arrived.

In my country these sort of packages are NEVER left at your door, the post office delivers a letter advising of the parcel and you go to the post office to pick it up.

They deliver two reminders over a 4 week period and if not collected they return the item to the sender.

To collect the parcel you have to have photo ID.

Obviously the parcel never arrived at my house and never arrived at the local post office either.

So the seller refunds me the money immediately and eBay removes the sale...great.

I go back to the store to re-order the macro tubes because i still WANT them and the eBay seller has banned me from their site :shock::shock::shock:.

So how is it that the item is lost in the post and I am to BLAME.

I have now ordered off-line and had to pay 5 times the postage to Guarantee it will arrive.

"Not happy..Jan." (I really must find a copy of that tv ad and post it for everyone)

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2006, 8:04 AM   #2

Did you order these from Aus. or elsewhere i.e. UK. Mistakes can happen such as during sortation they could have been dropped into Austria bag by a clerk with bad aim. They might yet show-up.

From the seller's point of view - s/he doesn't want trouble so it is easier for them to ban.

Sorry to hear about your probs especially having to pay exorbitant postage and handling costs.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 8:12 AM   #3

No, it was ordered from the US, initial postage was US$4.95, this time round it is US$24.00 which is more than the ext tubes cost, but I do want them.

I doubt they are going to turn up, they were shipped back in early June...I have ordered three other things from the US and two from Asia on eBay since and they have ALL arrived.

I have NEVER had a package go missing.

Crash
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:57 AM   #4

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
No, it was ordered from the US, initial postage was US$4.95, this time round it is US$24.00 which is more than the ext tubes cost, but I do want them.

I doubt they are going to turn up, they were shipped back in early June...I have ordered three other things from the US and two from Asia on eBay since and they have ALL arrived.

I have NEVER had a package go missing.

Crash
me either, i've never had a bad experience on ebay(knock on wood) but i have been banned for asking a question.. oh well..........

hope you get your items,
roy
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:45 AM   #5

I bought a lense a while back from Germany and after 3 months it still hadn't arrived.
I gave up hope of recieving my lense or a refund as the seller seemed to be ignoring me, also eBay didn't seem to care about it at all.
The seller eventually emailed me saying the item had been returned to her and she would send it again, but this time by air.
First time she sent it via sea which sometimes takes AAGGEESSS. (upto 6months once when I recieved a parcel from relatives in UK!!)
I was actually in Germany at the time and asked her to send it to a German address instead, this time it arrived!!

So it could have been sent via seamail by accident (maybe intentionally, us$4.50 is fairly cheap) and is just taking a long time to arrive. Unlikely I know, but theres a chance.

Another thing which I suspect you've already done is goto your Post Office and ask if anything has arrived for u. Theres been a few cases where I've never recieved the little card and my item has been waiting at the PO for weeks!!
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 4:42 AM   #6

Just been down and asked about another package and that one arrived in 5 days from the US, so I have my Big Glass now.

Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:24 AM   #7

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
so I have my Big Glass now.

Sounds exciting. What big glass? Have I missed someting?aranoid:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:27 AM   #8

I got a Tamron SP 200-500mm f/5.6 it is HUGE.

Weighs a ton, takes internal filters, the front element is about 102mm threador something.

Since my DL is back with Pentax havig thepentamirror viewfinder replaced I have no way to play with my new toy....

The same as this one that is still on ebay

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:32 AM   #9

So we'll have to wait for the test shots.... But gee, in spite of weight and size it doesn't hurt to own a lens like that. Agree?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:39 AM   #10

Not at the price I paid, I got mine for half the price this one is going for on eBay. It just needs a lens cap, even still has the strap to hold the lens as it is too much weight to have it hang on the camera.

Zoo, Surfing and some serious bird shots are my aim with this baby. Might even try the 2x Tele on it for a little bit of fun..:G