Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:00 PM   #1

Just curious. I tried out the sony a100 at my bros Ritz Camera shop(sales clerk, not owner) and the focus speed is very quick even with a off the shelf tamron 28-90. Focus speed seemed quicker than the 350D. Steadyshot is pretty slick in the low light in the store. I also liked the dial for iso, focus, drive, etc. No shop near me has a K100d to try so I thought I would ask.-JonWhat is the deal with the forum not accepting carriage returns when posting on mac using safari?
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:00 PM   #2

I own both the DS and the K100D. In my opinion, the K100D focuses roughly twice as fast as the DS. Not very sceintific, but just my perception, and I shot 1,000+photos each month.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:54 PM   #3

What's funny is that I've been using a DS for 6 months. I'm used to half-press the shutter and wait a second or two to get the beep, think about it a bit and then push the shutter the rest of the way. A couple of time I found that I pressed a little hard for the K100D - it focused and took the picture before I had that second or so of thought (not instantaneous, but significantly shorter than with the DS). I wondered if the focus trap (where it won't take a picture unless the camera thinks its in focus) was working on the camera and figuredthe picturewould be out of focus. Wrong - it had focused fast enough and taken the picture with very little delay. I'm going to have to get used to that!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:13 PM   #4

That is good news because I think the DS focus is faster than my DL and if what you're saying is true, the K100d is very competitive with the other brands now.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/laughing-smiley-002.gif[/img]*Thanks for the info.
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote