Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:55 AM   #21

Crash-

Thanks for making a very excellent point, that is oftentimes forgotten.We may well have to tweak our photos a bit using either flash compensation or exposure compensation, but you are more like to apply it when using your external flash because so many items can modify the light within the photo. It could be ambient light, the color of walls or ceilings, the nearness of a window etc.

That is because photos need light as their exposure vehicle, therefore we may have to adjust or tweak thing a bit using the features installed right on our cameras to get as close as possible to the so called perfect exposure. That is the are where Ansel Adams and Weston were masters.

We would perhaps like to believe that we live in a fully automatic, near perfect world but we don't. A little, well educated, flash compensation or exposure compensation can really be a great assistance. Learn to use those features, you will be amazed at how they can consistently improve your photos.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:32 PM   #22

i tweaked and tweaked last night. haven/t d/l them yet. i'll post results in a bit.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:46 PM   #23

Thanks for your comments Sarah -I think I read them out of order the first time. I find that by reading the info on this board, together with articles in magazines etc, I can fiddle and fine tune to my hearts content. As my gf always says, so long as I am having fun "playing" with the camera, then all is well. I may delete a lot of pics, but that learing curve is not as steep as it once was.

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:01 PM   #24

after tweaking , i've found out that shooting at HSS is going to take a lot more light than i had thought. so i need to get out the aluminum stock and make another bracket for my grip. if using a diffuser it take's even more. one problem was i had the zoom on the flash zoomed out to 105mm. this worked fine w/the 400ftz w/it's bigger fresnel lens.. here's few, most shot at HSS, at 1/350-500, f11-16.

hand held flash , upper left.
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:02 PM   #25

kind of a strange one.
flash handheld from below
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:04 PM   #26

underneath again
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:05 PM   #27

on the camera.
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:17 PM   #28

Some good shots there Roy. Looks like you are getting the hang of the new flash after all.

Few of mine from today.

Darren
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:32 PM   #29

And again
Attached Images

Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:32 PM   #30

Last one
Attached Images