Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:41 PM   #1

UPS finally showed up with the K100. Thus far we have only played with the 18-55 and hardly had it off of the fully automatic mode. I did not get the AA batteries that were supposed to be in the package but the camera did have a 512 SD card inside (with a bunch of pictures of the inside of a camera shop) that was not listed in the auction so I am not complaining. I have another 13-14 hour day tomorrow but I plan to play with it on Wed. I can't wait to take pictures of bugs, flowers, sunsets, the moon, lightning, babies, and, of course, booties! :lol:

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:36 PM   #2

congrats tim!!!!!!!!
how many shots were on the camera?? in other words, what was the number of the first shot you took??

roy
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:40 PM   #3

Congrats! I'm sure you will have as much fun as I am with my K100D. Can't wait to see your pics. Bring on the booties!
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:53 PM   #4

Tim-

If I can help in any way, please just let me know.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:09 PM   #5

Congrats on the New Toy.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:18 PM   #6

It is SO much fun! If you hit any stumbling blocks, just ask - there are no dumb questions, and either someone here has already had the same problem or we'll all have a reason to read the owners manual to try to figure it out. Can't wait to see your pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:42 AM   #7

robar wrote:
Quote:
congrats tim!!!!!!!!
how many shots were on the camera?? in other words, what was the number of the first shot you took??

roy
Hey Roy,

That was the interesting part, my first pic was 693. There were not nearlythat manypictures on the card, but it does appear that someone had more than "tested" this K100, which I bought from a retail seller as brand new. Tomorrow I will give it a careful testing with both lenses but thus far everything seems to be working just fine and it does LOOK brand new.

Tim
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:45 AM   #8

Thanks everyone for the welcome and offers of help. I am sure having a camera in my hand will only generate more questions. I am grateful for all of the assistance I have already received here and I am looking forward to learning to take pictures almost as good as the ones I have seen posted by ya'll already.

Tim
Old Aug 22, 2006, 5:00 AM   #9

Congrulations first.

693 seem a little bit more than expection for first shotin a new buying camera, if possible, try to contact the retail seller for this. But if you don't care much about that, just test it and make your painting with light if everything is okay. Waiting for you pictures......
hexin78 is offline   Reply With Quote