Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 22, 2006, 5:25 AM   #1

The dirt in the view finder was driving me crackers and possibly upsetting the auto focus. So I read what I could on-line and took the plunge....

With just a small screw driver I eased open the spring clip that releases the focus screen and with a pair of tweezers got that little bit of plastic out onto my work top.

I gave it a wash in warm water with just a little detergent then rinsed if off with filtered water a couple of times, dried it on a tissue, patted but no rubbingand popped it back in place.

A nice clean view again and I would not hesitate to do it again. It will be tomorrow before I get to learn if it did anything to improve the auto focus performance though.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:39 AM   #2

congrats john. have you ck your sensor to see if it needs cleaning?? i take the kit lens out set to 18mm f16 and take a shot of the blue sky. open the image at FULL size and you will see the dirt.

roy
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:43 PM   #3

Yes Roy, I know there area couple of specks on the sensor and they will be the next to be dealt to, I just ran out of time last evening.

BTW, I read that if you dont have clear blue sky handy you can open a full screen display of a plain background (blue or gray etc) and check your camera sensor with that.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:40 PM   #4

you're correct.
this is what i use for the sensor.. i usually have to swab it twice after blowing it out with a large turkey baster.. ck out the rest of their site as well as they have a tutorial on cleaning it..
https://www.micro-tools.com/store/it...de=DIGI-KIT4-F

roy