Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 24, 2006, 6:09 PM   #31

robar wrote:
Quote:
this is a horrible pic but i guess i forgot how to use the fuji. no , just harsh conditions. i made a 25' extention for my cable release, set up the 500super and the DS with the vivitar 105 set at 1/500, f8, iso 200.* problem hear is that they can hear the shutter fire and it spooks them. i've got the feeder and about 6'' either side focused. time will tell.

roy
I have in mind something like what your set up is with the remote 'F' I have just ordered. You have idea how far the IR remote should manage distance-wise? Why do you need a 25' extention ? Is that more than the remote can handle? It will be fun.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:05 PM   #32

i don't know about the remote but the extra 25' let's me go inside,whew, and not sit exposed to them.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:37 PM   #33

just not good enough. suggestions??????
Attached Images

Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:02 PM   #34

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Roy,

Looks like you could use some added DoF to get the little bugger in focus. Try using a higher ISO (say 800) and that should enable you to stop the lens down a few clicks but yet keep your shutter speed at 1/750th. With the HSS flash, I've had some acceptable results. Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:59 PM   #35

distance probs are a prob. think i'm somewhere off with the flash settings. i'll win but it may take awhile..

roy