Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:31 AM   #1

I spent the morning playing with the new K100d (finally). I used the Av and Tv settings to take multiple pictures of the neighbor's car across the street, learning something about how these settings work and interact with the other settings. I then set out through the yard in a search for bugs, flowers, and lizards. I got this fellow sunning himself on the lip of a rowboat. He is about 3" nose to the tip of his tail. I can already see that I need a true macro solution, the minimum focusing distance of the 50-200 was a hinderance.

I can see where this hobby could make your neighbors think you were a bit odd.

Tim
Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:38 PM   #2

He's cute - not as scaly as mine was - younger? I know nothing about lizards, though. I found the same thing as far as the focusing distance with the DA 50-200, if you want to do macro you need a macro lens (or extension tubes on another lens). I used a home-made extension tube and a 50mm 1.7 manual lens for a while - worked well enough, but convinced me I wanted a true macro lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:15 PM   #3

the 50-200 is a real performer. great lizard..

your right harriet. there just really isn't a substitute for a real macro lens.. have you read the specs on c####'# new 65mm??? WOW

roy
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:32 PM   #4

Hi MtnGal,

He (or she) is not full size but even full size it will not look like yours, different species altogether I think. That one is a Cuban Brown Anole, not native to FL but they are everywhere. There is a FL native Green Anole that changes colors to match background. We spent a week on Boca Grande this summer, on an island on the west coast of FL, that is overrun with Iguanas. Those suckers are the size of a large cat with a tail 2-3x as long as the body.

http://www.floridagardener.com/critters/anoles.htm

Tim
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:14 PM   #5

This is the very first picture I took with the camera. Before I figured out that some previous user had locked into using 1600 ISO. Of course, this is actually HER camera. I just expect to use it a lot. 8)

Tim

Attached Images