Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:19 AM   #11

great shots!!
do you live nearby? i was there a loooong time ago but it's where i'm going next time i get a chance.. zion and MV also.

roy
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:41 AM   #12

Most talked about lenses on this forum (my guess), the 50mm f1.4, the DA 18-55 and 50-200, either Sigma 75-300mm and this 24-135mm. This is probably the most praised and reviled lens available for Pentax since a very high percentage of them do not work properly electronically, but those that do take great pictures (especially at the wide end).

nznhut, I must repeat how impressed I am with these shots, especially the first one. I can't wait to see more.

I also keep a Tiffen UV filter on this lens because of the very large front element. Since it is a good quality filter I do not think it degrades the image much. I have a UV but haven't used it much.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:40 AM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
great shots!!
do you live nearby? i was there a loooong time ago but it's where i'm going next time i get a chance.. zion and MV also.

roy
I live in Salt Lake, but fortunate to have a brother who lives in Monticello, Ut, which is an hour south of Arches, and on the doorstep of Canyonlands and Monument Valley. That area of Utah, as well as Zions, Bryce, Goblin Valley, Capitol Reef, is truly magical. Only an hour away from Cortez, Colorado and Mesa Verde. I have included4 more from the outing. Thanks again for everyone'ssupportive comments.

Mark (the nznhut stands for New Zealand, New Hampshire, and Utah, my last 3 places of residence)

Attached Images

nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:40 AM   #14

Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:40 AM   #15

Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:41 AM   #16

and finally #4
Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:07 AM   #17

How did you get that boulder to balance on top of that formation? Great shots. I'd like to bring those geologic formations to my neighborhood to practice on.:lol:
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:27 AM   #18

gfmucci wrote:
Quote:
How did you get that boulder to balance on top of that formation? Great shots. I'd like to bring those geologic formations to my neighborhood to practice on.:lol:
Superglue and not breathing hard.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:43 PM   #19

All awesome! Your photos make me want to visit that area even more (we had a trip planned for this summer, but canceled when the price of gas went through the roof). Keep posting them - love looking at that area.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote