Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:50 PM   #1

Help:shock::?, I just started to install a LL-60 screen on my DL, and when I removed the old one, a brass 3 sided frame the same size of the screen, fell out. Does anyone know wherethis frame is supposed to go? Does the open side of the frame face the back of the camera or the front... with the camera on its back, would the open end go down or up. I sure don't want to force anything:??There's nothing in the instructions about this brass frame being present. HELP

Jack
snoopy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 4:13 PM   #2

On my DL2 the brass spacer makes a U shape with the open end into the camera and the solid side towards the lens.

Very fiddly to get to lay back on the screen squarely.

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:04 PM   #3

how do i drop the screen?? someone have a link?? i've seen one here but can't find it..
Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:09 PM   #4

Basic starter site here

http://www.euronet.nl/~pimr/fsinstal.html

It is what I followed

Darren

Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:38 PM   #5

Probably you have done so. If not you can look at this. First step is to use a precision slot screw driver to lift the upper metal strip up which will release the bracket holding the DL screen. The lower metal strip is the bracket.

Daniel

robar wrote:
Quote:
how do i drop the screen?? someone have a link?? i've seen one here but can't find it..
Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:23 PM   #6

The shim should be put back like an ' n ' shape as shown in the pict above.
Put that in first . Then the screen. And followed by the outer bracket. Slightly push the 3 items back in . You can feel that it clicks and locks.

Daniel

snoopy2 wrote:
Quote:
Help:shock::?, I just started to install a LL-60 screen on my DL, and when I removed the old one, a brass 3 sided frame the same size of the screen, fell out. Does anyone know wherethis frame is supposed to go? Does the open side of the frame face the back of the camera or the front... with the camera on its back, would the open end go down or up. I sure don't want to force anything:??There's nothing in the instructions about this brass frame being present. HELP

Jack
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:38 PM   #7

walk in the park.

i did not have the spacer fall out. i also should have blown everything out at the time also..

jack?? did you get it back together???

roy
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:46 PM   #8

Thanks a meg. all, it worked just like it was made for it:lol:

Jack
snoopy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:53 PM   #9

congrats!!!!
was your screen a pentax product?? if so, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost???

roy
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:09 PM   #10

$39.95 at B&H, which is cheaper than what Pentax quoted me. I would have picked mine up at the Pentax center in Golden, CO, but they no longer have any sort of walk-in facilities.

Replacing the screen was relatively easy, and having the tool will be good for when I get dust on the other side of the screen...again.
Yog-Sothoth is offline   Reply With Quote