Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:24 PM   #11

Just rang Bristol Cameras, they said they can TRY to get one in, TRY being the operatvie word, no definite yes we can get it and how long it will take.

I seriously regret going for Pentax now, all the lenses are available to easily for nikon and canon.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:30 PM   #12
TDN

have you tried that cameradepot link? I thinkw eposted at the same time there...

There are lenses out there for Pentax, you just need to find them

Also, I'm sure that with the new Pentax models (and their fast growing popularity) Pentax mounts will become more available aswell.

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:30 PM   #13

Ok, rang the Camera Depot, much more helpful, they usually have to order them in but provided sigma have them in stock, they can get the lens to me within 48 hours of ordering so that's MUCH better than all the others. Ok, it does depend on stock at where they order but fingers crossed.

Now I have to wait til my cheque arrives etc. Groan.

Am still going to keep looking, just in case they can't get one for me.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'm still annoyed that I went for pentax, only cos of the lens availability, or rather, lack of but provided I can find a place that can definitely get me one and within a week, then I will be happy.

Alison
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:36 PM   #14
TDN

Can you provide some details about the Tamron? (focal length, aperture etc) Then I'll see what i can find about it in the UK.

I've been very impressed with the build quality of the Tamron I got so far. It's compact yet feels very sturdy and well built.

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:46 PM   #15

Alison - here is where I got my Sigma Flash from http://www.warehouseexpress.com/

They have your lens in there, plus they have a phone number to call and can deliver the next day. Call them 8am-8pm Mon to Fri. I ordered my flash 7:30pm Tues and got it on Thurs morning.

Excellent service both on the phone and delivery (the flash box was also wrapped in bubblewrap and in a padded bag.)

Darren
Fred666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:03 PM   #16

Thanks Fred, have bookmarked that site too, will give them a ring tomorrow.

Will have to find out the specs for the Tamron, will do that later on, right now, I am sooooooo tired, not had much sleep since I won my money! lol! so am going for a lie down, think I need to calm down too, I get myself in such a tiz when things don't go according to plan.

Alison
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:58 PM   #17

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
I'm still annoyed that I went for pentax, only cos of the lens availability, or rather, lack of but provided I can find a place that can definitely get me one and within a week, then I will be happy.

Alison
I thought Pentax offered one of the best for lens supports being backwards compatible to 42mm screw mount.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:04 PM   #18

i'd call these people and see if you can get it in pentax mount.

http://www.cameradepot.co.uk/mall/pr...00500/78315roy
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:12 PM   #19

You could also try camera world (www.cameraworld.co.uk). As they run the sigma hire service for the uk they keep a pretty comprehensive stock, and what they don't have is normally only a couple of days away.

Of all the sigma lens available though my hankering would be for the 300 f2.8, given that'll I'll never be in a position to afford the pentax equivalent. Wiith it's matched tele converter it's an impesssive combination. Still I can but dream.

Dom
dms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 4:19 PM   #20

Thanks dms, just checking them out now.

Roy, I already have cameradepot in my bookmarks, they were the first to be at all helpful.

Alison