Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 29, 2006, 4:52 PM   #21

from now on it's almost impossible to get pentax dSLR in UK. Jessops just dropped Pentax and Samsung, Jacobs has only DL for 600 pounds. the only way is to go online, like cameradepot. really shame.

so far only warehouseexpress has almost anything for Pentax but it's online so if you want to touch it (which I like before buing) there's no way

about ordering, I know how it is. i orderred flasgun from jacobs and thay told me 1 week, after that I keept clling them every 2 days asking about that and every time they wre saying that their warehouse is moving so they can't get it now. I ended waiting 3 weeks for that. ordering anything in UK is pain.

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:23 PM   #22

A,
you could get the sigma 300-800.. i'll even pick it up for you. send the $$ and i'll order it right away and mail it to you when it arrives.

roy
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:07 PM   #23

robar wrote:
Quote:
A,
you could get the sigma 300-800.. i'll even pick it up for you. send the $$ and i'll order it right away and mail it to you when it arrives.

roy
300-800?? Wow! Any idea on price? Do you have a link where I can look at the specs?

Funny you should mention about getting it on my behalf and sending it, was actually talking to a friend last night and saying I might ask you if I have trouble getting one.

It would be great if you could do that for me, will check whether those other online places over here have stock first, though would appreciate a price of the lens and postage (pref in gbp cos I am rubbish at converting) cos it might even work out cheaper to have one sent over from you.

Speak later.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:11 PM   #24

here's a link
http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/from-...ate=08_28_2006

i'll be MORE than eager to pick it up.. lol

seriously tho, i'd be more than happy to do what i can. i could even send it as a gift to my UK cousin..

roy
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:19 PM   #25
TDN

6000$ for a lens?
Holy moly!

No, in my opinion that's a little overkill. There's better things to do with that kind of money...

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:20 PM   #26

robar wrote:
Quote:
here's a link
http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/from-...ate=08_28_2006

i'll be MORE than eager to pick it up.. lol

seriously tho, i'd be more than happy to do what i can. i could even send it as a gift to my UK cousin..

roy
Ouch, I think that one is just a little too expensive for me, shame! lol!

I'll go for the 170-300 I think, that's within the price range for me. I'll check out the companies over here, see what they can do, if not, I will ask you to get one for me and send it over.

Gonna be about a week before my winnings arrive and then a further three working days for it to clear in my bank so I do have time to research and stuff.

Alison
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:28 PM   #27

Anyone know anything about Phoenix lenses, just that there seems to be a huge range even for pentax, not in this country and they are incredibly cheap, does this mean that they are not very good cos they are so cheap?

Anyone who knows anything about them, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks.

Alison
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:31 PM   #28

What about a digiscope? Is that worth looking into do you think? No idea how to use one or anything but might be an option to consider.

Also, what is a mirror lens? Seen a couple of them about but what's the difference between that and a "normal" lens?

Alison
Old Aug 29, 2006, 8:38 PM   #29

How about a sigma 100-300mm F/4 Internal Focus. Very sharp, just saw one on ebay, bidding at $295. Still F5.6 with tele-converter.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:21 PM   #30

Few people appear to say anything nice about mirror lenses however they do give a 'long' lens very cheaply.

There are some potential advantages including lighter weight, less glass in the light path etc.

By nature they are all fixed aperture but can be 'stopped down' by using a darkening filter.

Maybe expensive ones are good but cheaply made ones, like the one I have, do not give much satisfaction.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote