Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:10 PM   #1

Hi All

Just curious If anyone besides myself partisapated In the last event.

For those that may Not have heard of This heres the info from the web Site:

Pentaxium is the home of Pentax World Day, a private initiative by Pentax owners around the world to share photos taken on the same day. It is a pentaxium where Pentax owners can showcase their work with the goal of informing their fellow community members about their locality, background, environs , culture or history. When you view the photos you will be taken on a journey around the world, through many countries and cultures. Enjoy the trip.

So how does it work?
Four times a year, on the Sunday closest to the equinoxes and solstices, Pentax owners are invited to submit photos from their locality, together with a title and narrative. It is an opportunity to inform, delight or amuse your fellow community members.

If anyone is interested in more info heres the link http://pentaxium.webvision.co.za/
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2

I'm glad they're doing that again. I missed it the first time because I just got my camera and didn't feel worthy. I liked seeing the pictures from around the world when it was done. Putting it on the calendar now. Thanks for posting it BK.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:02 AM   #3

Never knew it existed. Must read copyright details. The url hostedin South Africa does not indicate it is anything to do with Pentax.

Besides, we LIVE Pentaxium every day we visit this forum and other fora.

Thanks for the link, will check it out.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:22 PM   #4

Rufus-
Your welcome. I posted last time, And my pictures are Still not the Greatest. I have been shooting Pentax for Close to 30 years and i dont feel Mine are still all that great. Its A life long learning experiance. So i just went ahead and posted. I liked what i posted and thats all that mattered.
IMHO its not really about Your Ability. Its about seeing Where and how other Pentaxians live and play. Just my feeling

NLP239
Your welcome also
Nothing To do with Pentax. My understanding is that a bunch of guys in some forum thought Up the idea. I think Its a great idea myself.
This time its Sept 24. Be sure to read the way to upload pictures as its not easy.
I hope that others in this forum Will take the time To join in with other fellow Pentaxians.

Ok, I will get off my Soap Box now

BK/Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:09 PM   #5

Phil, thanks again - I think its a good effort and I WILL try to take part.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:44 PM   #6

It's really an attempt to get Pentaxians world-wide to all take pictures representing where they live. We are all over!

I participated in the previous one, and would love to do so again. This quarter, it coincides with Rosh Hashana, so it's a pass for me. There's alway the December date.

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 4:46 PM   #7

But you wouln't be working and the camera isn't electric. Wouldn't it be a wonderful experience to share something from your faith and culture!