Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:37 PM   #11

Daniel on your reply to me you said that you work in Whitby,ThicksonRd &4.I live at AndersonSt and 4.Were do you work,maybe we can have coffee sometimes and photo talk.

Ross
quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:06 PM   #12

just sent a msg to you

daniel

quartz wrote:
Quote:
Daniel on your reply to me you said that you work in Whitby,ThicksonRd &4.I live at AndersonSt and 4.Were do you work,maybe we can have coffee sometimes and photo talk.

Ross
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:48 AM   #13

These are all cool shots Daniel and nznhut. Judging from what you posted, this lens seems to be quite a bit wider than the kit lens at 18mm. I mean the difference seems to be larger than I would expect for two millimeters. Is this your experience or am I misjudging your photos?

Thanks,

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:28 AM   #14

It is a fisheye prime and the photos speak it all unless for those defished ones. . It is very good for close up 1 ft away shots. I recall that somebody mentioned that the kitlens 18mm was not actually 18 . It is rather like 20mm as reported.

Daniel

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
These are all cool shots Daniel and nznhut. Judging from what you posted, this lens seems to be quite a bit wider than the kit lens at 18mm. I mean the difference seems to be larger than I would expect for two millimeters. Is this your experience or am I misjudging your photos?

Thanks,

Tim
Old Sep 16, 2006, 8:24 AM   #15

This is a defished version of a Zenitar 16mm shot of the front of Edward Garden Horticultural Centre .

Full size at http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/66934501/original

Daniel
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:57 AM   #16

Daniel,

What are you using for the "de-fishing"?

Thanks,
Barry

(Still awaiting approval from wife to buy K100D...for her...yeah...)
themacguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:44 PM   #17

themacguy wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,

What are you using for the "de-fishing"?

Thanks,
Barry

(Still awaiting approval from wife to buy K100D...for her...yeah...)
Barry,

Paint Shop Pro has a lens correction function as well. It is a lot less powerful than Photoshop but I would say it is manageable

Daniel
Old Sep 16, 2006, 2:23 PM   #18

Good shots Daniel. PT Lens has a good defishing program. I think it's about $15 and is easy to use, plus has the profiles for that lens and others. I had the Zen too, but didn't use it much, as it seems as wide as the 16-45DA. I believe the viewing angle on it is around 100mm. Supersharp I found, with very rich colours. Try it around f/5.6-that's rumoured to be it's sweet spot. Excellent buy for a wide angle, and you gotta love the dof at infinity just a few feet away......cheers....Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 7:42 PM   #19

Thanks. I have found out the same thing about its sweet spot. It is sharp and contrasty. But in a way very much different from Pentax primes likely because of SMC.

Although not quite in a league with DA14mm in term of convenience, it is nonetheless very handy given its huge DoF.

I used to have trouble with manual lens focusing. But not this one.

Daniel

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Good shots Daniel. PT Lens has a good defishing program. I think it's about $15 and is easy to use, plus has the profiles for that lens and others. I had the Zen too, but didn't use it much, as it seems as wide as the 16-45DA. I believe the viewing angle on it is around 100mm. Supersharp I found, with very rich colours. Try it around f/5.6-that's rumoured to be it's sweet spot. Excellent buy for a wide angle, and you gotta love the dof at infinity just a few feet away......cheers....Don.