Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:16 PM   #1

Just got that a couple of days ago. Did not have chance to have a workout at all. Still shopping for a defishing software.

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/66040779/large
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/66040786/large

Again from one of the closest local garden

The steep flower bed is cute and the lens is simply amazing. But the zeal may be gone depending how soon I get tired of the view. It is quite a novelty now.

I got it from Russia (Victor). Somehow because of the all Russian custom declaration, there were no tax at all.

Daniel

Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:18 PM   #2

2nd pict
Attached Images

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:50 PM   #3

I love mine also. Extremely sharp, somewhat of a novelty sometimes, but a great lens for the price. 3 shots from last year, local balloon festival

Attached Images

nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:54 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:54 PM   #5

Attached Images

Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:46 AM   #6

You have good ones there. It is a great travel lens covering all area. It will always be in my bag. Light, focused at all time and 2.8. I do not even have to pay attention to focus and it always does. Cool.
I was too lazy and here is the garden centre shot defished.

Daniel

Quote:
I love mine also. Extremely sharp, somewhat of a novelty sometimes, but a great lens for the price. 3 shots from last year, local balloon festival
Attached Images

Old Aug 31, 2006, 3:09 PM   #7

Hi Daniel:

Love your new lens,it takes very good and sharp photos.I have a couple of questions for you .I assume since your posting on the Pentax forum that your using a Pentax,if so which one.The lens in question will not let you use auto focus correct? Are you using an adapter of sort to make the lens fit.I did some scouting on the net and the lens is sold in Thornhill,on Steels Ave W,the price is $155 Canadian.The only negative comment I have read is that the lens doesn't focus very sharply.What can you add to this.I'm new at this so any help is welcomed.My camera is a Pentax *ist DL2. On the other hand the price is great for a 16mm.When used with a digital camera is the lens still 16mm or 24mm with the crop factor.Thanks

Ross

Whitby,Ontario

quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 4:23 PM   #8

quartz wrote:
Quote:
Hi Daniel:

Love your new lens,it takes very good and sharp photos.I have a couple of questions for you .I assume since your posting on the Pentax forum that your using a Pentax,if so which one.The lens in question will not let you use auto focus correct? Are you using an adapter of sort to make the lens fit.I did some scouting on the net and the lens is sold in Thornhill,on Steels Ave W,the price is $155 Canadian.The only negative comment I have read is that the lens doesn't focus very sharply.What can you add to this.I'm new at this so any help is welcomed.My camera is a Pentax *ist DL2. On the other hand the price is great for a 16mm.When used with a digital camera is the lens still 16mm or 24mm with the crop factor.Thanks

Ross
Whitby,Ontario
I have the following (K100D & DL, Zenitar 16mm 2.8, FA50mm 1.4, FA100mm 2.8 Macro, FA28mm 2.8, FA135mm 2.8 , A* 300mm F4, FA J 75-300mm, Kenko 2xTC, 280T& AF360 Flash). The Zenitar lens is manual focus. Do not let it intimidate as it has enormous D of Field. Say if you set it to 2 ft distance practically everything will be in focus. I heard there are Zenitar not focusing at infinity. Remotely if you have that let me know. There is a very simple method to adjust it. You do not need an adapter as it has K mount (you have to specify) which is just right for your DL2. I know it is very common for Nikon and Canon. Are you sure they have K mount? It is very very sharp. I did not know that they have it in the Toronto area. Otherwise I would not have ordered from Russia. Exactly I paid $158 Can$ all inclusive . Get it locally. BTW I work in Whitby(HWY4/Thickson). Small world .

Daniel
here is another one I took two days ago
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:36 AM   #9

There seems to be a flare issue as well. But very seldom do I have pict facing direct light source. This coffe shop pict is fun.
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/66164100/large

Daniel

Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:24 PM   #10

Steve is going to stop me from posting pict from this little fisheye
This is the same garden shot showing its height at the end of the summer
http://www.pbase.com/image/66318213/large
It is razor sharp. Busy shot. Yes .

Daniel