Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 31, 2006, 4:28 PM   #1

Has anyone else noticed that the hostility level has gone way up on the What Camera Should I Buy forum since the K100D has come out with built in SR (IS/VR)?

For some reason they can not bring themselves to believe the built in SR can work, or possibly they are just trying to justify their huge investment in IS lenses.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:28 PM   #2
TDN

Hehe.

Yeah I made a few posts there in the past few days.

Ira was completely right. It's crazy how many people forget all about the photography and concentrate only on the pixels & specs...

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 5:45 PM   #3

i don't read the other forums especially the ''what camera shuold i buy''. i already know..hehe
seriously, i think onboard is the best solution. K/M had it correct also. it must be tough(and expensive) to put everything on the lens. i think pentax is correct about having the focus motor in camera also.

roy
just wait till the k10d comes out!!!!! hey bud??? i just shot this 10meg shot with a 30year old lens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe:P
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:02 PM   #4

I must admit that I have not been my usual good natured self out there, but it is too much fun too stay away.

I am really sick of people who do not even own a DSLR yet quote reviews and contradict people like Sarah who have more experience then they probably ever will, oops, ranting again.

TDN I noticed that you and intence have been doing a really good job of presenting the facts, keep it up. I will try to behave myself and meet the arguments point for point in the future.

Tom, I think the name droppers and camera jewelry types are getting a little worried. The cognitive dissonance has kicked in full force and the only way they can now justify their choice is to tear down the other choices.

Good photographers, regardless of the equipment they use, are showing interest in the K100D because of its incredible value.

Pentax may have a winner here.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:14 PM   #5

I too have noticed some "tension," with my fellow friends who all own canon dslr. At first when I was shopping for a dslr, they all basically said that all serious photographers used canon. I shrugged and went with my own research and gut feeling. Since getting my K100D, I regularly email my friendspics from my K100D. At first I would get replies saying that was a nice pic. Now I just hear silence. Muahahahah. That shut them up.

I avoid the other forums because I know what I read will just aggravate me. Let them have their own silly opinions. I already have my K100D and I really don't care what they think of it. I let my pics do the talking ya know.

royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:25 PM   #6

well said royce. i did just go over there for quickie and am glad i don't have to let someone else try and convince me what to buy.. do your research and decide.

roy
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:48 PM   #7
TDN

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I am really sick of people who do not even own a DSLR yet quote reviews and contradict people like Sarah who have more experience then they probably ever will, oops, ranting again.
haha, youknow I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier. I didn't want to say it straight to the guy...but sheesh. He was saying the K100D's images "just weren't good enough" based on 800x532 px, straight out of the camera images!
As far as I know, this guy never touched a K100D, maybe not even an SLR! I don't want to sound like an all-knowing-experienced-dslr-owner, but how can you give a decent opinion about a camera without trying it out?

I have only been shooting with my DL for a few months now, but if there's one thing I've learned it's that a camera is never the same as it is on paper. (or screen)

I almost lost it there, especially if I see what great results people here have been getting with the K100D.

Luckily a little sharpening in photoshop with the images he was talkign about was able to prove him wrong.

Like I said, people are forgetting what photography is all about...

TDN

edit: here's the thread for the interested http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=87&page=1

Love your 1st & 2nd "non-response" Ira
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:04 PM   #8

I don't expect he will be dropping by here, we resize our images, instead of cropping them at 100%. Some people must have an afinity for 72ppi . Well I am glad you appreciated my non-responses.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:44 PM   #9

Hostility? I do not think so. They (C*N*) just ignore whatever happen in other players like Sony & Pentax. People still shopping may explore more about other options. Not when you have whole bagful of lens .
I just gave up and concentrate on taking pict.

Daniel

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that the hostility level has gone way up on the What Camera Should I Buy forum since the K100D has come out with built in SR (IS/VR)?

For some reason they can not bring themselves to believe the built in SR can work, or possibly they are just trying to justify their huge investment in IS lenses.

Tom
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:38 PM   #10

Ah well, there are those who read a few reviews and suddenly become an expert. It's just that the reviews are based on someone else's opinion. I've posted a number of times that the person who bought my Panny loves it, while I hated it.

Someone had asked about low-light photography, so I posted the Vegas construction picture. It won't influence someone who crops to 100%, but might be useful to someone else who is looking for a camera (and I mentioned that I bought one of the 2 lenses I was shooting with in 1980).

You guys are a bad influence on me - I had read this thread, but was going to stay as far away from it as I could! And there I go, posting something on it...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote