Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:08 PM   #11

thanks!!!
hoodsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:57 AM   #12

Not yet owning a DSLR, but looking seriously at the K100D, I wonder if a piece of double sided tape stuck anywhere inside the body where it won't cause a problem, would act as a 'magnet' for floating around dust so that it never gets to settle on the sensor.
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:59 AM   #13

mmmm i wonder where you would put it???

Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:58 AM   #14

SteveB wrote:
Quote:
I wonder if a piece of double sided tape stuck anywhere inside the body where it won't cause a problem, would act as a 'magnet' for floating around dust so that it never gets to settle on the sensor.
Forget it, most 'free space' inside is taken up by the swinging action of the mirror. Even if you found somewhere to stick it,just how would you remove it without leaving any debris behind or with causing any damage.

Leave the inside mechanism alone would be my advise; puff away any sensor debris.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:00 AM   #15

haha i was joking. Yeh please nobody try and tamper with the insides of a slr unless you REALLY know what your are doing!!!!!!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:22 AM   #16

I was told by Kennedy's that the sensor in the k100d is a new sensor, not the same one in the DS/DL models.
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:37 AM   #17

hoodsa wrote:
Quote:
Alot of the new dslr that come out have "dust-removal" technology. The bad thing about this is that it extedns there start up time. I was wondering because the k100d has sr, and the sensor moves to counter other movement... does this mean that in its movement it shakes of dust. Or is this movement too minimal. I know it sounds dumb but it might work. Thx
hoods
Nope. The SR movement is simply too small in frequency and force to get rid of the dust. But the solution to the dust problem is trivial, just use air-blower for large particles and then use SensorSwap kit to clean. It's easy and a clean can last for months, believe me.

I haven't cleaned my K100D yet. Cleaning a floating/movable CCD sensor maybe more difficult..

If dust really matters, wait for the K10D, it is "confirmed" that it has a innovative air sucking pump design which removes the dust out of the camera body! (not just shaking off):-

http://www.photozone.de/active/forum...ge?ID=1074671A

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/K1...ll_Review.html
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:14 PM   #18

haha ok. I dont want dust removal at all. Personally i think its a load of $&%!. The k10 is too pricey for me anyway!!! Thanks for your insights.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:33 PM   #19

Actually I have been salivating reading a little on the next two cameras.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:40 PM   #20

"Actually I have been salivating reading a little on the next two cameras." thats a whole new level of camera obsession... hehe well its good to see people enjoying themselves.