Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:03 PM   #11

That did IT. I set it to manual and everything is working fine - everytime for now.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:31 PM   #12

:P
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:38 PM   #13

I'm not very good at emoticons Roy - are you razzing me for something???? No offense taken but I don't always get it. Ok I get it sometimes but not often.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:44 PM   #14

jc, not razzing, just thought it was in the flash thread. no offense meant. i seldomly use the da^n things and will not again.. glad you got it down..

roy
Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:46 AM   #15

It was!!!????? Told ya I'm slow and memory sucks. Actually getting an operation next week, they're updating MY RAM. :-):-)

My attension span sucks too. Workwise I'm as multitasking as they come but p'graphy-wise I'm trying to catch-up and refresh.

Truly, no offense was taken.

JC

EDIT:

Roy, you suggested to set the camera at 1/180 but would you agree that with the camera at M, manual focus and using the above lense I can only set the aperture on the lense??? Everything else on the camera is not operable. This was the first time I've used the AE/L so I got to do some reading on it.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:50 AM   #16

in 'M' mode you can set whatever you want to when using the flash. do not use the AE-L button when using the flash. set the ap on the lens and then dial in the speed you want. the cam will not let you go above the cams flash sync speed of 1/180sec unless you are using a flash that has HSS.