Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:28 PM   #1

Took my mom's old lens out to play with, I decided on my two alpacas as the subject of choice; they were quite intrigued by the camera.

Before we begin:
They are ALPACAS...not llamas
White one = Usha [Female]
Brown/White one = Rascal [Male]
Pentax K100D w/ SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm (therefore Aperture wasn't communicated to cam and I couldn't be bothered to write it down or commit it to memory)

1) Talk about a cooperative boy! Normally he hates to sit still 'cause he thinks I'm going to touch him, but he really likes the camera (a little vain?)

2) This is the best one I got of Usha, she's normally too busy eating to care what I'm doing

3) Another one of Rascal, this one turned out pretty nice I thought (even if he did just finish going to the washroom :lol

4) This one is my favourite from the batch, it makes me smile every time.

Hope you like!
Sean
balofagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 9:47 PM   #2

Great pictures! You did a good job! Who was holding the lead? You? I appreciate animal pictures as I used to raise Arabians, but now raise sheep.

Keep up the good work.

Joyce

M42 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:52 PM   #3

Aaaahhh, what sweeties! They look lovely! How much longer does their coat get before you shear it? They look like their coats would be SO soft, and fluffy right now, and I wondered how much longer/thicker it will get over the winter.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:23 PM   #4

This is a picture of Rascal before we sheared them:Usha's fibre is not as dense as Rascal's, so she looks a little less "poofy". Oh, there wasn't anyone holding the lead, it is actualy attached to a longer chain which is attached to a dog-run rost; we let them out of their fenced area because "the grass is always greener on the other side!"
balofagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:02 PM   #5

Thanks for the picture - they sure get lots of hair. No wonder my favorite sweater is made of alpaca!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote